24| If These Dolls Could Talk

Ivy sat at the kitchen counter, buttering a piece of toast, while Hanna stood next to her, picking up some paper.

Ashley glanced at them. "Where's Emily?" She wondered.

Ivy placed the knife down, fixing her gaze on Ashley. "She already left. She went to her house to talk with the tenants before they move out." She notified.

Ashley placed three cups on the counter for each of them. "Have we heard anything more about that fire at the Dilaurentis' house?" She asked, mostly directed at Ivy.

Hanna's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

Ashley clarified, "Do they know how it started? Do they think someone set it intentionally?"

Ivy shrugged her shoulders. "I really don't know. Jason hasn't said much about it. I'm guessing it was an accident, Jason always forgets to put things off." She lied with a chuckle.

A sudden ring coming from Hanna's bag made both girls freeze.

Hanna had forgot about the phone that Mona gave her.

Ashley looked over at Hanna. "What was that?" She asked.

"What was what?" Hanna wondered, acting confused.

The phone rang again. "That." Ashley said. "Your purse is ringing."

Ivy shook her head. "Hmm. I don't think it is."

Hanna nodded along. "Yeah, if Ivy says it's not. It's not."

"You must need your ears checked." Ivy gave Ashley a sympathetic smile.

Ashley ignored the girls, then rummaged through Hanna's purse, pulled out the phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"No, this is her mother. I don't know what you're calling her on, Caleb, because Hanna doesn't own a phone anymore, and Ivy can't have hers either." And she hung up.

Ivy scoffed, throwing her hands up in the air. "I can't have mine?"

"Yeah. Hand it over." Ashley held her hand out, and Ivy reluctantly placed her phone in it.

Ashley raised an eyebrow at her. "You'd think that when you turned eighteen, that you'd start telling the truth."

Ivy shrugged, folding her arms. "I ain't no snitch."

Ashley turned to look at Hanna, who blurted out the truth, "It's not my phone. It's Mona's. She gave me her old one. She needs to be able to reach me at all times."

"Why?"

"No, Mona's in a crisis. I need to be there for her 24/7." Hanna told.

Ashley just stared at her. "What's the crisis?" Hanna didn't answer. "Okay, Hanna, Ivy, there is no more room for secrets and lies in this house. It's already way too crowded."

Just then someone knocked on the door and came in. "Morning." Mona said, closing the door behind her.

"I thought you were gonna honk." Hanna said. "Let's go."

Before they could leave Ashley spoke up again. "Mona...If you need round-the-clock counselling, your more than welcome to stay here for a night or two." Mona looked confused. "But no using phones. Is that clear?"

Mona nodded. "Got it. So sorry." she smiled apologetically. "Ooh, is that an egg white omelet? You are just amazing, Mrs. M. you make Martha Stewart look like a slacker."

"Mona, move."

Ivy packed up her books in her bag, and threw it over her shoulder, following after them.