21| Monsters in the End

The girls were at the Grille

The girls were at the Grille. Spencer was telling them how the police found fibres of Toby's sweater in Spencer's bracelet. "Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on your bracelet?" Ivy wondered.

"Somebody? Try Ian. He's doing everything he can to make you look guilty. Your parents should hire you a 24-hour bodyguard." Emily spoke.

"What about Jenna? What if she paid Caleb to get that bracelet?" Aria said.

"Wait, when was Caleb in Spencer's house?"

"Doesn't need an invitation, he broke into a vending machine with a spork."

Ivy and Spencer were both staring outside. "Guys, I think somebody's watching us." Ivy said still staring directly outside.

They turned around slowly. "Those? They're for the founders festival."

"Man, if that's what Rosewood's founding family looked like how did they ever get anyone to move here."

"And why were they aloud to reproduce."

"Guys if Caleb was—" Emily started. "Can we stop using the 'C' word?" Hanna interrupted.

"We know this is hard for you, ok, but we have to talk about...." Aria stopped, looking at the looks she was getting. "..him."

Ivy looked up as something caught her eye outside, behind the mannequins. She nudged Spencer's arm. Spencer turned to Ivy then looked where Ivy was staring.

"If we want to help Spencer, we have to know what Caleb knows."

"Guys, there's definitely somebody out there." The girls didn't listen to their claims. "Maybe if Emily and I cornered Caleb, not in school, but somewhere that's Jenna free."

"If Caleb's going to talk to anyone, it's going to be me." Hanna interrupted again. "Will you do it?"

Hanna thought for a moment. "To help Spencer, sure."

"Thanks, Han." The girls stood up. Spencer stood at the window. "Spence, you coming."

Ivy turned to talk to Emily. "Oh, by the way, you owe me another 10 bucks." She smiled. Emily huffed then pulled the money out and handed it to her.

"Thank you."

○ ○ ○

Ivy was at Emily's with the girls. Caleb told Hanna that Jenna was looking for a key, that Alison may have given them. "A key? A key for what?"

"Was it a key to Ali's house? Her locker at the tennis club?"

"Why would Jenna want that? What was she going to do, sniff Ali's old sweat socks?"

"If Jenna's 'A', she's looking for any information on us she can get."

"I cannot believe that he went through my closet and my nightstand. He's a total jerk."

"He's a total creep."

"He's an animal."

"Easy, guys. He looked through your stuff, he didn't invade Poland." The girls looked at Aria in shock.

"Why are you sticking up for him? He broke her trust."

"He went behind her back." Emily backed up. "He stuck his hands in her panty drawer!" Ivy turned and gave Spencer a look. "I'm sorry."

"Ok, all I'm saying is that somebody can look through somebody else's stuff that they're not supposed to be looking through." Aria looked down.

"You want to translate that into speech?" Spencer wondered. "I saw Ezra's website page. Look, I knocked his desk, and his laptop screen came up." Aria then went on to explain that she saw a picture of him and a girl with an engagement ring.

Ivy was at the founders festival when she got a text from Emily saying she found the key Jenna was looking for.

Ivy found Aria wandering around. "Did you get Emily's text?" Aria asked. "Yeah, I was looking for you guys."

"Have you seen Hanna?" Then they spotted her walking. "Han."

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" Ivy asked. "I left it at the booth."

"You didn't get Emily's text?" Aria wondered. Hanna shook her head. "She found the key, the key that Jenna was looking for. She wants us to meet her at that storage place near Hollis." Aria continued.

"Where's Spencer?"

"We couldn't reach her. Hopefully she's on the way." Ivy said.

"Why isn't she answering?" Ivy shouted over the noise. "I have no idea." They saw Caleb waiting to get on a bus.

"Is he going somewhere?"

"I don't know. Arizona. Who cares?" Hanna shrugged. "Go over there and say something. Go, before he does."

"I can't." She spoke. "No, come on. Emily's waiting for us." Hanna changed the subject.

○ ○ ○

Aria, Emily, Hanna and Ivy were now at the storage place. Ivy twisted the key and the lock opened. They opened it together. Hanna turned on the light and all that was in there was a lunch box. "Guys, look."

"What is that?" Ivy picked it up, inspecting it. "That's Ali's old lunchbox from when she was a kid. Ivy opened it up to see a flash drive. Ivy shoved it in her pocket. "What are you doing?"

"Taking it." They gave her looks."What, do you want someone else to take it?" Ivy rushed out, the girls followed.

○ ○ ○

The girls were huddled round the computer watching what was on the flash drive. Inside were videos. They were watching the six girls getting changed in Emily's room.

"Someone's been spying on us for years."

"And Ali didn't take the video. She's in it. She's in a lot of 'em." Aria whispered.

"Oh, my God, that's July 4th." Spencer told them. "She always said it was Toby peeping on us." Ivy reminded.

"No, there's no way that this is Toby."

"Well, then, who is it?" Hanna asked. "How 'bout why? Why did Alison have these videos?"

"Did the person who took this know she had them?"

"Is this why she was killed?" Ivy said.

A/n: Hey, sorry this chapter is so short. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

Hope you're okay. I take any requests into account, so if you have any, let me know.

-Katie x