13| Know Your Frenemies

Ivy had walked to meet Spencer and Emily

Ivy had walked to meet Spencer and Emily. Spencer was on the phone while Emily and Ivy watched with close eyes. Ivy took a bite of her cake.

"Why are you doing this?" Emily asked.

She covered the phone. "I think Ian and Alison were together the weekend before she disappeared. Do you remember how Alison was acting when she got home from visiting her grandmother? All giggles and tan?" Spencer whispered.

"Yeah."

"Ali hated old people, and Ali's grandmother lives in Georgia. Hilton head is in South Carolina. She was Lying to us."

"So what? Alison lied more than she breathed." Emily replied and Ivy nodded. "You think that was enough to make Ian want to permanently shut her up?"

"Wow. I thought you'd be happy to hear it was anybody but Toby." Spencer said. "All Toby wanted was for me to believe him, and I didn't."

"Toby lied about a lot of things too, Em."

"If lying was a crime, we would all be in jail." Ivy defended. "Agent Cooper, Good morning." Emily greeted.

"Hi. Beautiful day, huh?" They nodded. Hanna joined them and Agent Cooper left. Emily and Ivy leant forward. "What?"

"Ian was definitely at Hilton Head the same weekend Ali was." She told them. "Maybe we do have a reason for Agent Cooper to stay."

The girls were at school, in the cafeteria. "Agent Cooper is not some small-town cop that's going to arrest Spencer's brother-in-law because Ali carved his name into a tree." Hanna said.

"Yeah, a tree that's no longer there." Ivy sighed. "No one knows that but us."

"And Ian."

"And 'A'." They turned around to see Noel outside. "Noel led us to that tree for a reason."

"Is 'A'.. I mean, is Noel trying to help us find Ali's killer?"

"'A' helping us? Well, that's a first." Ivy said.

"How could Noel even know about Ian and Ali?" Aria laughed. "Have you ever noticed how Noel is always around?" Noel was talking to Mike, Aria's brother.

"Are they friends?" Ivy asked. Aria shook her head. "No."

"Hanna's right about Cooper. We need to find some kind of proof."

"Thank you, Veronica Mars." Hanna spoke in a sarcastic manner. "That proof may be boxed in your kitchen."

Maya came over. "Hi." Ivy waved and Maya returned the gesture. "Hey." Emily got up and kissed her.

"Um, are we still on for later? You know now that your Dad's gone?" The girls smiled at each other.

"Yeah, my Mom knows how my Dad feels about us." Maya nodded. "In other words, he'll tolerate me."