22| Father Knows Best

Emily had got called down to the police station, and Ivy and Hanna were laying in the pitch black on Hanna's bed, worried.

"I'm worried about her." Ivy broke the silence. Her head sinking into the multitude of pillows.

Hanna let out a sigh. "Yeah. Me too." She said. "I hope she's okay."

The door suddenly creaked open, and Emily tried to shut the door quietly, but there was no point as Hanna and Ivy were already awake.

Hanna leaned over, and turned on the lamp. "So, what'd they say?" She asked.

"Not a lot. The police said that Maya's parents found a note. It looked like she packed a bag." Emily answered, then went over and switched off the lamp.

Hanna immediately turned it back on. "Do they know where she went?"

Emily spun round to face them. "They were asking the questions, not me."

"That's not fair. You're her girlfriend." Ivy stated.

"Maybe. She hasn't returned any of my texts." Emily exclaimed. Hanna and Ivy glanced at each other. "Anyways, I'm really tired." And Emily turned off the lamp.

The lamp relight because of Hanna again. "Did you tell them that?" Ivy asked.

"That I'm tired?"

Ivy shook her head. "About the texts. Emily, every detail counts."

Emily sat down on the edge of her bed. "I told them that we got into a fight, and that Maya threatened to run away before she'd ever go back to boot camp. That's what she did."

Both Hanna and Ivy stared at her with sympathy.

"She'll call, Em. Okay?" And Hanna finally turned the lamp off.

Ivy situated herself on the other side of Hanna's bed. She couldn't be bothered to move back through to her own room. She also thought that if Emily woke up in the middle of the night, whether that be a nightmare or something - with Ivy being a light sleeper - she could help Emily with whatever she needed.

——————

BLOCKED ID
Do mum and dad know you're watching
murder movies? That would kill them
to find out.
-A

"Is 'A' talking about the N.A.T. video?" Aria asked.

"Of course. 'A' knows we have their cell phone." Hanna said.

Emily came over to join them. "Did you guys get that text from 'A'? She asked.

The girls nodded. "Yes, and now Melissa's threatening to kill our parents." Hanna folded her arms.

Spencer scoffed. "I already told you: Melissa can't be 'A'."

"Alison was getting texts from the law firm your sister interned at." Hanna argued.

"Yes, but she explained that. Melissa just wanted Ali to leave Ian alone." Spencer explained.

Aria stared at her. "So, what? What, I got chased by a hobo for nothing?"

Emily's eyebrows furrowed. "That still doesn't explain why Melissa got into Garrett's car."

"Do you think Garrett told her about the video?" Ivy wondered.

Aria nodded at her. "Cause if she knows that she's on it and if she's 'A'—"

Spencer stopped her. "You guys, my sister is not 'A'. I watched her fall apart when we found Ian's body. She had no idea that he was dead. She wouldn't just text herself from her dead husband's phone and lose it like that. Could we-could we please just breathe for a second?"