05| That Girl is Poison

"Come on, Han

"Come on, Han. You need to eat."

Ivy sat on the edge of Hanna's bed, holding a bowl of pasta in one hand, and a fork in the other hand. It had been a few days since Caleb broke up with Hanna, and she was a complete mess. She didn't want to leave the comfort of her bed. She didn't want to eat anything. She didn't want to do absolutely anything that required any effort whatsoever.

So, that resulted in Ivy having to adjust her schedule to look after Hanna. She didn't mind, of course. Hanna was her sister. And she would always put her sister's needs before her own.

"I don't want the stupid pasta." Hanna replied, burying herself further into the cosy blankets.

Ivy dropped her arms, the bowl resting in her lap. "I don't care what you want. I want you to suck it up, and eat the stupid pasta, because you need to eat. I'm not wasting the pasta, because I made it, and it tastes delicious." She stated. Then Ivy gave Hanna a sharp stare, and demanded, "Now, sit up."

Muttering under her breath, Hanna begrudgingly sat up, and leant against the headboard, and held her hands out for the bowl, that Ivy handed to her, and she quickly dug in, - not wanting to get shouted at by Ivy again.

When Hanna had scraped the bowl clean, Ivy took it from her, and traded it for a bottle of fresh, cold water. And after she was done, Ivy placed everything back down on Hanna's bedside table, and instructed her,  "Right, budge over. We're watching a movie on my laptop."

And that was what they did all night. They switched off their lives outside Hanna's bedroom, and binge watched rom-coms until they're tears mixed in with the ice cream they consumed.

———————

They woke up the next morning with the group chat blowing up with texts about Garrett and his mother going to hospital in an ambulance. So Ivy was in a rush to go to school that morning, as she wanted to catch the girls before school, so they could fill her in on everything that she missed.

She left Hanna at home, giving her strict instructions to eat, drink loads of water, and do stuff to distract herself, rather than mope about Caleb all day.

So when Hanna gave her word that she would try and do those things, Ivy left the house, and began walking to school.

When she arrived, Spencer and Emily got her up to speed with everything that was happening. That included: Spotting A at Garrett's house, when his mother was wheeled away. Melissa faking her pregnancy, and dressing up as the Black Swan for the Halloween masquerade dance as she was instructed to.

But when the bell rang for their first class, the trio broke up, and moved inside the school, splitting ways to get to their classes.

After two long hours of double maths, Ivy was drained, and dragged her feet through the corridors, and out into the courtyard, where her eyes landed on Spencer and Emily conversing in hushed whispers while leaning against the brick walls.