01| It Happened "That Night"

A whole summer had passed since Mona was revealed as 'A'. And it was quite an eventful one. During the summer, the girls went their separate ways to do things that they wanted and enjoyed, being free from everything that held them back.

Ivy had done multiple things this summer. She started a job at a bookstore in Rosewood, and she loved it. It was a very quiet bookstore, and she loved the people that worked there.

Her paintings that she created, were shown in a elaborate art gallery, where people could buy them, and take them home. Surprisingly, everyone of her paintings managed to get sold, and she managed to gain a lot of money from them.

And what she wasn't expecting: was to find a publisher to help publish the book that she would release at some point.

Her summer was very busy, and she really enjoyed it, but she didn't want it to end.

But it was, and that was why Ivy was gathered with her best friends in Spencer's house for a party of some sorts. Neither of the girls wanted to go back to school, so on their last night, they were hanging out.

They sat by the fire, drinking and chatting away.

"Em, Ivy and I are the only ones who did anything worth talking about this summer." Hanna started. "Aria took some boring picture class and Spencer went to college."

Spencer scoffed. "I took a full load at Hollis, and Aria beat out a thousands applicants for a space in that
photography class." She bragged.

Hanna ignored her, and turned to Emily, "So, how many houses did you build?"

Emily thought for a moment, then said, "Uh, I think we finished about six."

Hanna spun to the girls. "And in poor countries, one house is like a home for fifty."

Spencer chuckled, and said, "Okay, Miss Productive. How much of your list did you actually do?"

Hanna pulled out her list and analysed it. "Let's see...Cooking class with Caleb. Done. Volunteer at the Animal Shelter for pocket dogs—"

Spencer interrupted her. "Wait. That exists?"

"Did not do." Hanna crossed it out. "Expand my vocabulary. "Effectuating."" The girls glanced at each other with surprised faces. "Interned for Vera Wang."

"You got an internship for Vera Wang?" Emily questioned.

"Yeah, I changed my mind. Turns out they want you to work for free." Hanna grimaced.

Ivy chuckled at the girl.

A distant noise from outside, made Aria ask, "Was that a car?"

Hanna shook her head. "No, it's just the wind." She assured.

Emily started pouring more alcohol in her cup, but Aria stopped her.

"Oh, careful, Em, they're already pretty strong." Aria said.

Emily stopped pouring, and raised her glass. "Maybe for you, you're a pixie. I've gotten really good at this." And she placed the cup up to her mouth.

The four girls glanced at each other, all of them extremely worried for Emily.

Just then their phones went off. And they sighed, already knowing what was coming. Spencer read out the text, "Show me your boobs. 'A'."

Aria scoffed. "Does Mona have a ten-year-old brother?"

"'A' for "annoying." Emily muttered.

Ivy decided to wright a reply, reading it aloud as she typed, "Only if you show me your micropenis. 'I'"