LEAVE HIM BROKEN : CHAPTER 16

Chapter 16 — I Choose

Xian Ling's PoV

It was Sunday morning. I guess it was just yesterday when Zilong asked me out for a date. Yeah, it was a date. He confirmed it yesterday, and made sure it really was.

I saw the falling leaves outside. It was still fall. Cold breeze blew inside my apartment. I forgot that I opened my windows and boom, sun rays went inside as well as the gentle breeze. I took some breathing exercises. Afterwards, I stretched my body to the extent. The moment I felt comfort, I immediately stood up and do my remaining chores.

Troy went out for vacation. I believed that he's with Xavier right now and they travel northbound for an adventure, far away from the city.

Afterwards, I boil some hot water and ready my breakfast. Creamy coffee and bread would do. I really do some ready-to-go meal because I decided to go to our church. Spending quality time with the Deity will really help me stand further for a week, as well as meditation, and acts of worship.

I also took quick shower and ready up. I was wearing a yellow hoodie jacket paired with black skinny jeans and black sneakers with yellow straps. I also put some perfume as well to be presentable with people. Sauvage of Dior will do.

I checked myself of what I must bring. I guess it was only a phone and my wallet of course. I locked my apartment and went out of my home. Since my energy is still on the peak, I tried to jump at the walls because city proper is quite distant from where am I staying.

After some few minutes, I jump off the wall, as I casually walk to the town's shrine. I attended the ceremony and might participate in the ritual as well. As I enter the shrine, I sat in one of the seats. It seems that people do really worship a Deity. We may not reach thousands but I guess these people are all religiously good. I wonder if they are also good on the way how they live.

It took some hours to finish. Its been really my habit so I'm really used to it. Some people do also approach me every after the ceremony. I also bought some incense sticks, light it up and placed it in the altar, before praying.

It took me minutes to finish my prayers. After that, I stood up and went out of the shrine. Just beside the shrine is a mini-park. I sat in one of the benches as I took a selfie and posted it on my Instagram. Just sharing, I'm quite active in Instagram than in Facebook.

After uploading my picture, I keep my phone and took some questions to ponder. Today is really a great time to ask myself of what will I really do right now.

Actually, I was praying about those boys I've been along with. I was right that they are both douchebags, but I don't really know. It confuses me. I was really applying Troy's advice on me right now, but I just really don't know.

When I tried to place myself with Zhong, everything is wholesome. He's fun to be with. He's a romantic guy, indeed. Just from his actions long time ago in the garden proved me right. A night drive and quality time with him is so perfect as it seems.

Meanwhile, when I'm with Shan, everything seemed simple, like what we did yesterday. Riding a bike together, going on a hillside just to watch the sun set. They both did it differently. Damn. And that day, yesterday was really amusing. I never thought that kind of bonding will be considered as date.

Zilong made something simple to be memorable. It was unique. I felt that it was different with the night date I had with Zhong. Its something I can't really put into words.

Something that I can't explain...

I looked up in the sky. The sun is shining but its not really that hot. Considering that it was already fall. I saw the trees having their leaves turn into yellow, orange, red and brown. Some do even fall down. And now, the street seemed to be the most attractive site, as people with their partners walk by pairs, and cars are not allowed to pass of this moment.