LEAVE HIM BROKEN : CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10 — Hopeful Enough

Xian Ling's PoV

"So, what makes you call me, and let me join you here?"

I don't know why am I standing in the front of him right now. He was leaning on his black Porsche 911. He was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt and a white short. He paired it with his white shoes and had his hands in the pockets.

He just smirked a bit and stood up. "To punish you, perhaps?" He said. I glared unto him. So that is what he wanted to do?

"You always do it on school and not in here. I guess going here is useless." I groaned when he opened the car door before me. It was the shotgun seat.

"Hop in." He said in a deep voice. I was doubting at first. I look to him and look away afterwards. I was moved when he was tapping his car roof. I went in without a word and sighed. He immediately went in and turn the booster up. I wonder where we would go, since it was already near sunset.

"Where are we going?" I asked him when he started the engine. He looked at me and I was shocked when he put his body near unto mine.

My mind become frozen, not until he reached the seat belt and fix it. I gulped silently. My, that was embarrassing. My mind stop more when he talked.

"I told you I'll punish you." He said seriously as he accelerated the car and started to drive. I rolled my eyes instead and look away from him.

I don't understand him to be honest. I'm confused with his actions on the following days. It's like he acts like nothing happened between us in the past few years.

This is unusual with Yuu Zhong. I never heard him to take care one of his bullies. And now, what is he doing???

You can see it, Ling. Stop asking.

It tooks us few more minutes on our road trip. I was looking outside, and thought that we reached already on a cemetery. My brows furrowed for no reason.

"Why are we here?" I asked him when he parked the car and pulled the hand brake. He just looked at me seriously. Deep inside, I was shocked when it was the same cemetery I usually went into to visit my mom. It was a long drive from the city, and its already darkening.

"I'll introduce you of course. I also found out that your parents are buried here." He said. I just nodded and went out of the car. He also did the same, as he took the flowers out of his compartment.

He was walking first before me. I was just following him from behind. No one dared to talk, and it is only the sound of the crickets, to which I heard around us.

Few more blocks, and we already reached the grave of Mr. Lee. It was his father. I saw him kneel down his left knee, to reach out for the grave of his deceased father.

"Hey father. How are you, out there?" He asked. I was standing still, watching over him, who is now seriously talking to his father. Though he may not receive any replies, but he continued, like what I always did with my parents.

"I'm hoping that you are alright out there." His voice were deep, yet cracking. Its like this giant is about to cry. I didn't try to utter a single thing.

"Hey dad, remember when I told you that I was lost, and you're asking me to find him..." He suddenly said. He was partly smiling because of that. I just let him do it. I was just watching him, as dusk turns into evening, slowly revealing the stars above, with the moon.

"I found him dad... I found my home..." He suddenly said. Home? Who is he referring to?

I was looking at the sky. I always say the same message unto them, accepting the mere fact that I must move on, everytime I breathe and live.