II | Balloon x GN!Reader

------------------
Object Show: Inanimate Insanity
Balloon x GN!Reader
Requested by: Nobody

(O/n) = Object Name

------------------

You were new to the show, so you didn't know much about the contestants. You hung out with some of them, but you noticed everybody excluded Balloon a lot. Nickel and Baseball were always the hardest on him. You felt bad for the poor guy. He had no friends, and everybody basically hated him.

You decided that you will talk to him after the challenge and elimination was over. Maybe you can make a new friend! He seems like a nice guy. You were confused on why everyone hated him so much.

🎈 After the challenge 🎈

Unfortunately, our team lost the challenge which means we were up for elimination. The good news was that you and Balloon were safe. Trophy was the most voted which means he was eliminated.

We had a few more minutes before the next challenge started. You looked around until you finally found balloon. You noticed him going far away from the other contestants. Where is he going? You decide to follow him and find out.

You follow behind Balloon quietly. Balloon arrives at a cliff with a beautiful view. You could see the whole place from here! Balloon sits down, looking off into the distance.

"Balloon."

"Ah!" Balloon quickly turns around in surprise. "(O-O/n), what are you doing here?" he says, calming down.

"I noticed you were looking sad, and everybody's mean to you for no reason!" You say, sitting down next to him.

Balloon says nothing at this. Guess he doesn't like talking about it.

"This place is beautiful." You say, admiring the scenery in front of you.

"Up here," Balloon begins, "everything's below us." he says, throwing his arms in the air. He puts his arms back down. "And we don't need the approval of others."

"Plus, the sunset's nice." he finishes.

"Yeah..." You agree.

There's a calm silence between us. You both look at the view from the cliff. You suddenly remember the reason you came up here in the first place.

Oh right!

You wanted to talk to Balloon and ask him why everybody hates him.

"Hey, Balloon?" You say, turning to face him.

"Yeah?" He says, turning to also face you.

"Why does everyone... hate you?" You ask. "You seem like a nice person."

"I-" he pauses. "Nobody listens to me."

That didn't take a genius to see. Every time Balloon tried to make conversation with them, they would just flat out ignore him. It's like they just switch the second Balloon even comes near them. What did he do that was so bad?

"Why?" You ask. "What happened?'

He sighs before starting, contemplating if he should tell you or not. He thinks for a few seconds before deciding to tell you. He might as well get this off his chest. What else does he have to lose?

"I... was not a good person in the first season. I was mean and... manipulative." He says. Your eyes widen in surprise at this new information, but you say nothing, allowing him to speak.

"But I've changed!" He quickly adds. "I try to be nice to get approval from the others, but they just don't care! I've tried everything but they just ignore me! They won't even look at me!" He explains, a tear leaving his eye. He quickly reaches to wipe it away.

He turns away from you to hide his face. "Nobody cares..." he mumbles.

"I care."

"Huh?" He turns around to face you, not believing what he just heard.

Sure, he was manipulative and mean. But that was like what, 4 years ago? Of course, just because it was long ago, doesn't mean it excuses his actions but to be fair, it was a competition. A huge load of cash would have anybody acting crazy.

Anyways, the main point was that he changed as a person and the others didn't even acknowledge that. You've seen him help people out, but they would always push him to the side. You honestly wouldn't have guessed he did all of that, but that's just proof that he has changed. Yet, the other contestants still failed to acknowledge him.

"I care." You repeated. "You've changed so much as a person and I'm proud of you for doing so. Some people never change at all."

"Y-you really mean that?" He asks, surprised that someone had actually listened to him. That they were proud of him, they didn't ignore his existence.

"Of course. I might not know you well, but I know you have good intentions." You smile.

He smiles back at you, "Thank you, (O/n)."

You nod, going back to viewing the scenery before you.

"Friends?" He asks.

"Friends." You reply.

------------------
789 Words
I LOVE BALLOON
i didnt proof read this btw lol
------------------