Chapter 8: US-Mu Conference

February 19, 2023
Ainank Air Base, Otaheit
Time: 0900

"We should be expecting the American delegation some time now, we don't know what kind of aircraft they'll be using, i hope you've prepared your self Technical officer Myrus".

"I have, i will do my utmost best to gauge their capabilities and hopefully establish friendly relations with their nation".

As Myrus took a deep breath and prepares himself, the sound of air being sliced could be heard from the distance, he looked into the direction of the sound, as he looked at it's general direction, something the size of a grain of rice flew over the horizon, it's size and getting bigger and noise getting louder as it got closer. It hovered above the runway, Myrus felt the strength of it's propellers as wind blew below the unknown aircraft which seemed to have stopped midair and unlike their conventional concept of a plane whose propeller should be on it's nose, this particular aircraft had one large propeller above it and another small one on it's supposed "tail".

Everyone at the air base stared at the aircraft which they've identified to be of American affiliation with confusion and awe including Myrus who couldn't get the words to express himself.

"How?! We've had concepts of similar aircrafts before but none have ever functioned?!". Technical officer Myrus said to himself, immediately realizing just how big their difference in tech was. Nonetheless he still pushed through and suppressed his emotions, professionally welcoming Ambassador Peter and the rest of the American delegation.

"Greetings esteemed American delegation! Welcome to the capital pf our beloved nation! We hope to establish friendly relations with both our nations." After a warm welcome and exchange of regards from both delegations, Technical officer Myrus explains the details of the conference and starts off with day 1.

As Ambassador Peter and his American delegation toured the capital city of Otaheit in the nation of Mu, they were accompanied by Technical Officer Myrus, who guided them through various sites, including air bases and the intricately designed capital. They stopped at one of the airbases as Technical officer Myrus wanted to show them something, an aircraft which fields the latest technology of their Nation.

"My American friends, i would like to show you our latest combat aircraft, the "Marin" Fighter" It is propelled by a propeller and powered by a reciprocating internal combustion engine. It features fixed landing gear and is mounted with twin 7.92 mm machine rifles as its primary armament. It has an open cockpit and is made entirely of metal. I would appreciate it to hear your opinions about our aircraft" Technical officer Myrus proudly presents.

Ambassador Peter and his delegation inspected the aircraft, the technological gap became more apparent as Myrus showcased its features.

"This aircraft incorporates design elements and technologies akin to those used by the United Kingdom during the early 20th century" Ambassador Peter remarks.

"However it closely resembles the Japanese Nakajima A4N in appearance" Secretary of State adds to Ambassador Peter's remark.

The Americans weren't surprised at all by the aircraft only looking at it with curiosity. After the tour around Otaheit, the opening session of the conference started.

Date: February 19, 2023
Time: 1300
US-Mu Conference
Day 1: Tour & Opening Session
Location: Otaheit, Mu

Participants:

United States:

Ambassador Peter Thompson

Secretary of State, Elizabeth Grant

Technical Expert, Dr. Robert Johnson

Mu: