Chapter 5: Qua Toyne Naval Battle

Qua Toyne Territorial Waters
Lourian Navy

"They stopped firing; their ship must've ran out of magic, we must take this opportunity and charge!" Vice Admiral Sharkun thought and told his men after the destroyer stopped firing its Mark 45 gun, the destroyer gave the Lourian Navy a final warning.

"This is the United States Navy, this is your final warning! You are on Qua Toynian territorial waters, change your course or we will open fire once more!".

Vice Admiral gritted his teeth after hearing the same loud monotonous voice once more, he appealed to his emotion and disregarded the warning, as he continued to give his men orders, the destroyer started to shoot again, destroying ships with a single shot, damaging nearby ships that are hit with wood and shrapnel from the round.

"Launch all our wyvern immediately! We must put them to use before our wyvern carriers are destroyed, we can get them from the skies, they dont seem to have any air force" Admiral Sharkun spoke to a magical communication device with which the device replied with a raspy voice "Yes Vice Admiral".

US Navy
Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer

"Why are they still coming for us? Cant they see their current predicament?!" Commander of the destroyer yells out. "Sir we are detecting multiple bogies at the back of the Lourian Navy formation, we have identified them to be wyverns" the XO tells the Commander, "how many are we detecting?", "There is currently 75 bogies on the radar and rising", "prepare the VLS and CIWS, lock on bogies" aye Captain.

One of the VLS cells of the destroyer opened, immediately a missile rushed out, making its way to the wyverns. The unsuspecting wyvern riders were not aware of the fact that they've already been seen and have been targeted, still making their way to the destroyer, the missile soon became visible to them and a bright speck of light that continued to grow larger and brighter as it got closer to them, they tried to do all sorts of maneuvers to try and shake the missile to no avail, more missiles became visible.

"Shit what the hell is that thing!"

"I cant shake it"

"its following me!"

These were the final words of the wyvern riders just before they were hit by SAMs which also took out nearby wyverns.

From below, the skies were filled with puffs of smoke and explosions, with wyvern corpses falling out of the sky, constant bombardment of the American destroyer reverberated throughout the sea. The Lourian Navy lost their will to fight with the xo pleading to Vice Admiral Sharkun to surrender to the Americans, Vice Admiral Sharkun refused, fearing for his head if he returned with defeat. As the destroyer continued to pummel their ships, they soon saw that, over the horizon, was more of the metal ships they were fighting, with a massive metal ship at the center of their formation. Soon all of the Lourian ships were destroyed as the other destroyers also start shooting their Mark 45 guns. Rescue operations were conducted for survivors that were in the water, including Vice Admiral Sharkun.

Washington DC
White House

Live footage of the naval battle was shown on a big screen through a drone, the devastation of the Lourian Navy could be seen clearly, with the US Navy receiving no casualties at all, it was a one sided battle.

"Mr. President, we have successfully rid the Qua Toynian land and waters of the insurgents, no casualties reported" the aid told President Gordon, "I see, well done, I honestly did not expect to be involved in war this early since our transference. Anyway how has contact with other nations been going?"

"Mr. President, we have been making great progress and have even started opening trade negotiations" the aid replied.

"I see, anything else that you have to report?"

The aid slides some images on the President's table, "take a look a these images Mr. President", President Gordon looked at the images with curiosity, "Mr. President these are oil mines from the Quila Kingdom, they originate from Mu, a nation they've likened us with, who like us, is a nation of science", "Quila Kingdom has what the locals describe as a black liquid that is easily set on fire, we figured these would most likely be oil, and after some talks, we've gained permission to build our own oil mines in their kingdom as they can't find any use for it, in turn we've offered medical treatment against a rising disease in their nation which we've identified as chickenpox as well as improvement in infrastructure and other commodities"

"Now what you've mentioned it, i suggest you all take precautions when visiting foreign lands, last thing i want is another epidemic given our current situation"

"Worry not Mr. President, we take precautions as well as proper medical examinations after visiting foreign lands, so far we've yet to encounter unfamiliar diseases or viruses"

"Commendable, anyway this "Mu" nation, anything we know about their technological level?"

"Until we visit their homeland, we cannot be sure of their technological level at all, we're currently making arrangements to visit their nation sometime in the future"

"Making contact with them may help us gain more knowledge about this world and more information on an anomaly we are yet to understand, the transference of our nation and its people"

Time: 1800

President Gordon stares out the window, the 2 bright moons glistened in the dark but beautiful sky, but for a split second, rays of sun pierced through the window,  which dazzled him, losing his balance and stumbling on the floor, 2 guards quickly came in his room.

"Are you ok Mr. President?" One of the guards asked.

"What the hell just happened" President Gordon said with a baffled look on his face.

"Get everyone in the cabinet, now!"

"Yes Mr. President" with a quick salute towards the president, the guards quickly made their way to the president's aid to inform him of the situation.

===============================
Authors Note

New chapter, sorry for the slow update, enjoy, more to come, also Ive decided to divert from the main story, changing up some parts to make it more interesting, some parts of the main story will still be included, but with a faster pace, as of now, there is no final upload schedule for chapter 6 but I plan for it to be uploaded by first week of April, I also plan on creating a discord server for this fanfic to get feedback and suggestions from you all. Lastly i also plan on making a map of Elysia some time soon.

May 8, 2023

Authors Note

Sorry for the long delay, I've been encountering a few difficulties with the writing of Chapter 6 and am now in the process of rewriting it, estimated date of upload is May 14, although this will not be the final date of upload and may be changed in the near future, sincerest apologies for the delay.