Chapter 52

~JJ's pov~

The next two days went pretty much with no problems.

We'd all take turns to drive and occasionally stopped to some gas station for the toilet and food.

Everyone talked and laughed on the way to Outer Banks, trying not to think about all the problems we'll get when we'll return.

Everyone but Kie.

In the last few hours of the car road she kept zoning out all the time especially when someone was talking about Outer Banks or how she needs to make sure that her parents won't see her.

I tried to talk with her but she kept saying she was fine and that she just got lost in her thoughts. I'm not sure if the others noticed but Sarah tried to get her attention a few times but it didn't work for longer that two minutes.

"Home sweet home" said John B, pulling over at the chateau.

We got out of the car and looked around the place. Everything looked exactly like it did when we left the place.

It made me think of my house.

It made me think of the last time I was in there.

It was a few weeks ago when my dad came back for only two nights, asking me for money and getting mad when I didn't have enough.

It was the night I went to Kie for help.

"Maybe we should stay here today and look for that guy JJ knows tomorrow" said Cleo, laying on one of the hammocks.

"It's better if we go now so we can leave faster" said John B.

"Okay then, let's go" said Kie getting up from her place next to Sarah.

"I think it's better if you're staying here" I said.

"What?" she asked, looking at me confused.

"We can't risk your parents seeing you" I said.

"I'm gonna stay in the car" she said, starting to get annoyed.

"What if they see you in there?" I asked.

"They won't" she snapped back at me.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, trying to keep my voice as calm as I could.

"I can stay with you" Sarah said, turning towards Kie.

"Maybe it's better if only me and JJ are going" said John B. "Maybe we can convince the guy easier if it's only just the two of us"

"You guys could get some water and maybe find some food for the way with the plane" I said.

"And maybe Pope can check your injury from the shot" said Cleo, looking at Kie.

"I don't need it, I'm fine" she said.

"Still it's better to check just in case one of the stitches broke or if the wound got infected" said Pope.

"Sounds like a good idea" said Cleo, turning to look at the others that nodded in agreement.

I looked at Kie who still haven't said anything yet. She looked less angrier than she was earlier but still seemed annoyed.

"Fine" Kie said, going inside followed by Pope and Cleo.

"Good luck" said Sarah before giving John B a kiss then a small reassuring smile to me, followed by a quick hug. "Don't worry, she's stubborn but she won't be mad for too long, especially not at you"

"I hope so" I said.

She turned around and followed the others in the house.

We've only been together for a few days and she's already sick of me. I should've expected it. I wonder how longer this whole thing will take.

I can't believe I'm stupid enough to think that this whole thing will last. I can't even believe that I was lucky enough to be with her. To be loved by her. To be able to kiss her, hug her, be with her.

But it might only be a matter of time till she realises that she'd be much better without me.

Maybe I'm selfish.

Maybe I need to let her go.

She deserves much better than someone like me.

"Let's go, lover boy" said John B, putting his arm around my shoulders.

We only walked a few more steps towards the Twinkie before I heard the door opening again. Suddenly I felt someone crushing in my arms and a pair of hands around my neck before I could've even fully turn around.

"Be safe, okay?" Kie said.

I kissed her head and moved my arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

She came.

She didn't hate me.

She still loves me.

"I will" I said, still hugging her.

I don't know for how long we stayed there just hugging. It felt like all the problems we had disappeared, like nothing else apart from Kie mattered.

And nothing else apart from Kie mattered.

She slowly pulled away from the hug, moving one of her hands on my cheek and pulling me closer to her, connecting our lips.

It took me a few seconds to realise what happened before kissing her back.

"And don't do anything stupid" she said, pulling away for a few seconds then pulling me back into the kiss.

"I won't" I said, before kissing her again.

When we finally pulled away, gasping for more air she moved a little further from me but I pulled her back in.

"John B's waiting for you in the Twinkie" she laughed, letting me pull her even closer to me.

"He can wait a few more minutes" I said before kissing her again.

We kept kissing for a while longer before we suddenly heard the Twinkie's horn. I pulled away turning to look at John B who kept honking us.

I never wanted to punch him so bad before.

"It looks like you have to go" she said.

"Yeah, looks like it" I said, turning back towards her.

"I love you" she said, giving me a small smile.

"I love you too, Kie" I said.

I watched her turning around and walking towards the house before I heard the Twinkie's horn again.

I'm seriously starting to consider the punching idea.

As soon as she got inside I started walking towards the Twinkie and tried my best not to think about how much I wanted to have Kie back in my arms.

"Finally" John B said as soon as I got into the car.

"You could've give us a few more seconds" I said annoyed.

"Don't worry, you can eat eachothers faces on the way to South America" he said, starting the car.

Well I'm definitely planning on doing that.