Chapter 3

~Kiara's pov~

Was I starting to go crazy?

According to John B, I am. No one contradicted him. He didn't say it that way but everyone thought that. If I had told them about the man I saw they would have definitely thought I was crazy. Maybe I'm crazy.

With each step I took through the cold sand, it got even colder.

After a few minutes I didn't feel angry anymore. I felt guilty. I had ignored my friends. They were trying to help me and I turned my back on them.

I sat on one of the rocks. The waves of the ocean were huge cause of the storm. I don't know how long I've been there, watching the ocean.

For a second I thought I saw someone next to the palm trees. I couldn't see his face because of the storm. I've got up on the rock, trying to see better but I couldn't see anything.

No. I have to stop be paranoid. It's just me here. I need to calm down. All I have to do is take big breaths and it'll be okay. No one is here.

One of the waves hit the rock I was on. I didn't have enough time to react. I slipped off the rock. I could feel the cold water surrounding me. The last thing I remember was a sharp pain in my right leg.

I woke up to a sensation that was pretty close to being hungover. Maybe even worse. I tried to open my eyes but the sun made it a hard thing.

"She's waking up" I heard Pope saying.

I finally opened my eyes and saw JJ, sitting next to me holding a piece of what looked like a blood-stained T-shirt on my head. He looks tired which is something unusual for him.

Not tired like in sleep tired, that's how we all were since a while so it wasn't something new, but tired like instead of his smirk he was showing an worried look, almost a guilty one.

I looked at my right leg. It was wrapped in a piece of a blood-stained T-shirt, probably from my leg.

"What happened?" I asked, trying to sit up but Sarah stopped me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"We hoped you can tell us that" Cleo said.

"I only remember that a wave hit me" I said trying to sit up again but Sarah pushed me back.

"JJ found you on the beach. You had a cut on your head, another large cut on your right leg and a few bruises on your chest" Sarah said still keeping her hands on my shoulder so I won't get up again.

I looked at JJ. He hasn't said anything since I woke up.

When he noticed that I was looking at him, he turned his head in another direction. Was he still mad at me?

Why would he be the one mad? I should be mad at him.

But I still hated the idea of him being mad at me.

"You probably cut yourself in something when you were under water or hit some rocks" Cleo suggested.

"Do you think you can walk?" John B asked giving me a hand so I can try getting up easily.

I tried to get up but I couldn't even sit. I felt like one hundred knives stabbed me in the leg.

"JJ will stay with you while we're going to look for food, we'll try find something to wrap your leg into" Said John B.

I wanted to say that I don't need a babysit but I was to tired to argue. I don't know what JJ thought about this. I couldn't read any expression on his face.

It's been a strange silence between me and JJ after the others left. Usually the silence with JJ is never strange or akward but in this one I could almost feel the words that neither of us was able you say. The silence lasted only until JJ started to throw some wood in the fire.

"Are you mad at me or something?" I asked trying to get up without any rusult.

"Why would you think that?" He asked stopping throwing wood in the fire still not looking at me.

I couldn't tell if he was serious or sarcastic.

"You haven't talked with me since I woke up" I said even if I wasn't sure he heard me.

Silence. Again.

"I'm not mad, Kie. I feel guilty. I feel guilty for what I said yesterday" He said getting up and moving to sit next to me.

"You were right. I should've told you. You were just trying to help me and I pushed you away" I said turning to look at him.

He was just looking at me with a big smile on his face. I missed this smile more than I should've.

"When you want to talk about your parents, I'll be here. No more secrets between us?"

"No more secrets" I agreed.

"Now that we don't keep secrets anymore. Just between us, who was the better kisser between John B and Pope?" He said smiling.

"Are you serious right now?" I said trying not to laugh.

"What? I was just curious"

"You are lucky I can't get up now" I said.

"So will you answer?''

"I'm going to kill you" I said trying to get up.

"You should try and catch me first princess" he said moving a few step away from me even if it wasn't necessary.

I've managed to get up but it only last for a few seconds then I lost my balance.

I felt his arms quickly wrapping around me and catching me before I managed to touch the sand,  helping me to sit back on the warm sand.

"Don't worry I got you" JJ said with a stupid smirk on his face.

"I'm still gonna kill you"

________

This chapter isn't that long because I lost my phone and until I get another I'll write on my laptop. Anyway if you see any mistakes you can tell me. Also I would love to know what do you think about this chapter.