Chapter 42

~JJ's pov~

"Wake up" said John B while shaking me.

I turned with my face in the other direction, pushing my face into the pillow.

"Kie's missing" he said again, counting to shake me.

This brought me back to reality.

"What do you mean she's missing?" I asked turning around to face him.

"We tried calling her but she left her phone here" said Cleo from her place on the couch.

"Maybe she's at her house?" I asked.

"She'd have told us" said Sarah.

The realisation of what happend just hit me. Kie's actually missing. Or maybe she left.

She couldn't have left cause of me, right?

No. Kie wouldn't do that.

Then what if she's in danger?

"Maybe we should look for her around, maybe she went on a walk" said Cleo.

I tried my best not to panick but I couldn't ignore the pounding from my chest and the way it felt like tightening. I moved one of my hands to push on it a little hoping it'll make everything better like usually but it only made it worse.

John B probably noticed cause he carefully moved my hand away without anyone else noticing.

"She'll be okay, we're gonna find her" he said.

Suddenly we were intrerupted by the phone calling which was weird cause never was really calling.

John B moved away from me and went to pick up the phone before big John could. I didn't even noticed him standing here earlier.

"Kie? Are you with someone?" he asked which made us all turn towards him.

He was silent again for a while which made me worry even more.

"Is there anyway to call you?" he asked then waited again.

This time the silence was much longer and it made me worry even more.

"Kie? You still there?" he asked again but soon after he ended the call.

"She's in Barbados with some man that was supposed to take Sarah and that man thinks that she can lead him towards some city or something" he said in one breath.

I could feel the tightness in my chest even worse now.

"Did she mention any name?" asked Cleo.

"Kaz or something like this" he said.

"I know him, he's an old friend of dad" Sarah said. "He's living right in the center of the city"

"Then what are we waiting for? We need to go get her now" I said.

"JJ's right, she said she doesn't know for how long she'll be there" John B said.

We rushed towards the Twinkie and I was so glad that I actually listened to Pope and went to fill it a few days ago.

John B and Sarah went in front as usually and me, Pope and Cleo went behind.

Neither of us said anything for a few hours. I couldn't even focus on anything else apart from Kie. I should have been more careful and not leave her alone. I should have make sure she was fine.

"Then where are you gonna go?" I heard Pope's voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

At first I thought he was talking with me but his eyes were pointed towards Cleo and I could see that he tried to keep his voice down as much as he could.

"I don't know but with big John back I can't stay there, there's not enough space for all of us to live there anymore" Cleo answered.

"You can come live with me, my family won't mind and I can give you my room, it's not big but it's better than nothing" he said.

And that's when I noticed the most unusual thing. Cleo was actually smiling but not her usual smile that could also scare you a bit if you didn't know her. An actual smile.

"You'd really do this?" she asked.

"Of course I would, besides I'd really like to learn more about how to use that knife" he said pointing towards her knife.

This was probably the first time I saw Pope looking at someone like this and I swear that I was so freaking proud of him but it didn't last long.

This reminded me of Kie.

This reminded me of how much I wanted her to be here with me. I needed her to be here.

And I was gonna get her back no matter what is gonna happen.

"You okay?" I heard Cleo's voice.

She, Pope and Sarah were looking at me and I was sure John B was looking too through the mirror.

"We've been trying to get your attention for minutes" Sarah said.

"I was just thinking" I said and Pope raised his eyebrows at me.

I tried my best to go back at ignoring them but I couldn't now that I could feel Sarah staring at me through the mirror.

"We should stop at the closest shop and get some water" she said suddenly.

"We don't have time for stopping" I said.

"Well I want water" she said.

Neither of us got time to argue cause John B pulled over at the store Sarah mentioned.

"JJ come help me with the water" she said.

"How many bottles are you planning on taking?" I asked.

"Just come with me" she said.

I followed her into the shop and hoped she won't mention anything about Kie.

"So are you gonna tell me that you two kissed?" she asked.

How the hell did she knew that?

She probably saw that I wasn't saying anything so she spoke again.

"She didn't tell me, I figured it out myself" she said.

"How did you figured it out?" I asked.

"Well when she came back inside the house she had the biggest smile I ever saw" she said.

She defenitly misunderstood what that smile meant cause she doesn't want to be more than friends. She doesn't. Or does she?

"So are you two togheter now?" she asked.

"We decided it's better to remain friends, besides neither of us feel more than friendship for eachother"

That's bullshit.

I was feeling away more than friendship.

"That's the most stupid thing I ever heard" she said. "When I was in the kook academy I even thought you two were dating and then I became friends with her, then with you all and I still feel like you two are dating without dating"

"Well you thought wrong" I said picking up a few bottles of water and getting towards the cashier with them.

"You can lie to yourself as much as you want but it's obvious that you have feelings for her" she said.

"Even if I did she doesn't feel the same way" I said.

"The only reason she told you that she doesn't feel more than friendship is cause you told her so" she said.

"Well I told her so because I can't do this to Pope" I said louder than I intended.

Sarah went silent for a few seconds and kept looking behind me. I looked behind and noticed Pope staying there in front of the door.

"You're in love with Kie?" he asked.

Shit.