Chapter 44

~Kie's pov~

"Here is all we know about the lost city" said the guy, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He put a map on the table, similar to the one mr Kaz put except for the big circles that where around the water.

It was obvious, how the hell didn't I figure out earlier? The city is underwater not on the ground, that's why all the circled places are around the water. You have to get there by water.

I kept looking at the map for a few more minutes, trying to memorize everything, before the guy spoke again.

"Don't worry I don't get anything either" he said and I tried my best not to say something in return. "Do you wanna go back downstairs?"

"What else do you have in here?" I asked trying to ignore his question.

"Just some old boring stuffs, nothing too interesting" he said.

"Can I see what else is here about the lost city?" I asked.

"Why do you care so much about this?" he asked.

"I'm just very passionate about history" I lied trying to think what else to say in case he didn't believe me but he didn't say anything else for a while.

He kept looking into a drawer and took out a few old books, he opened them all at the same page and started putting them into a specific position.

All the images were forming a single image. It didn't look like a city, mostly like a cave and it was all covered in gold.

"It really is a nice view, isn't it miss Cameron?" I heard another voice coming from the door frame.

I turned around and saw a man all dressed up into an expensive costume. He had a drink in his hands and two other people behind him that didn't look too friendly.

"I thought I told you to stay downstairs and get ready for the auction" he said but before I could figure if he was talking with me or not, the guy spoke before me.

"I was just showing her more about the city we're having the auction for dad" he said.

"You can go downstairs and I'll show you more about El Dorado" he said.

The guy didn't say anything and just went past me, leaving the room. Shit. No way I was staying here alone especially with someone that was like mr Kaz.

"El Dorado" he started, pacing around the room without facing me. "The legend of a city full of gold"

I didn't say anything, I kept watching him pacing away without getting any closer.

"You look much more different than I remembered you" he countinued. "I could even say that you're not who you're pretending to be"

I tried my best not to panic and calm down but it didn't work. Who the hell was this man and how did he know Sarah.

"We should really thank the internet this days otherwise I couldn't find out about you Kiara" he said.

He countinued pacing the room, still without looking at me or getting closer, before speaking again.

"You really had a full year, your friends dying, being kidnapped twice, running away from a borading school" he countinued. "But coming here to find informations from me wasn't a good idea"

"You wanna see what we do here with people that are lying?" he asked when he noticed that I wasn't saying anything else. "We kill them"

"All I wanna do is go back home, I don't wanna look for a whole stupid city made out of gold" I said trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

"I'm afraid it's too late for that" he said before taking out a gun and bringing it closer to my jaw.

I closed my eyes and tried my best to keep my breath steady but I couldn't. I couldn't stop shaking. Suddenly a loud sound started, and the same two people that were here earlier came inside.

"Someone tried to break in" one of them said.

"Take her downstairs" he said, pushing me towards one of the man.

The man took me by arms before I could've try to run away. I tried my best to get away from his arms but he held me even stronger.

"Some kids tried to break in" I heard some voices around me.

Some kids? Maybe it was JJ, Sarah, John B, Pope and Cleo. Before I could hear more I was dragged around until we finally stopped in front of a room. They pushed me inside and locked the door after me. Shit. I tried to kick the door and yell but it was pointless.

"Let me out" I yelled again, counting to hit the door.

I looked around the room to find something that could help me open the door but it was pointless. The room was empty apart from a bed. It reminded me of the meditation room I had at the boarding school. I hated it even more.

"Open the door" I tried again but still no one answered.

The alarm was still on which made my chance of being heard even smaller. I sat on the bed and tried my best to think of a way of getting out. The room had only one window but it was locked and it didn't show me anything more than some trees.

I tried to get on the bed and punch it so maybe I could break it but it didn't work either. Suddenly I heard the doorknob moving and the door suddenly opening. I turned around and saw JJ standing there, dressed the same way the waiters were.

"JJ?" I asked and as soon as he looked at me his face relaxed and a familiar smile cracked in.

"Where you trying to jump?" he joked before coming closer towards me.

I got off the bed as fast as I could and hurried towards his opened arms. For a second it didn't even matter where we were. I wanted to keep hugging him forever. I wanted him here with me forever.

"Kie I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being so distant for" he countinued but I stopped him.

"I love you" I said and he looked at me for a few seconds like he didn't hear me.

"I love you too" he said with a smile.

I got closer to him, kissing the smile off his lips. The kiss was soft and I never wanted it to end. He was finally here and he wasn't going anywhere not anymore. When we pulled away we still kept our forheads touching.

"You ready to find some lost city? Or you got anywhere else to be?" he asked.

I wonder how the hell did he find out about that stupid city.

"Not anymore" I smiled before he took my hand in his and walked with me away from the room.