Chapter 15

~Kie's story (present)~

I finally knew what I should do. There were so many kids like JJ in Outer Banks and I have never helped them enough. Most of kids in the cut barely get any present for Christmas or decorations.

I remember that on Christmas, at the middle school and Kildare county high school is always a Christmas reunion with kids that don't have families or don't have enough food or their houses isn't warm enough.

JJ told me he once went there cause his teacher insisted but after Big John found out he took JJ with him and John B on every Christmas.

The kids from there need clothes, food and presents.

Since I'm a kook I sometimes have kook privileges so I decided to use them for something that actually matters. I used my credit card I got from my parents when I went to kook academy so I decided I'm never gonna use it cause it takes me a step closer to my kook year and everything that happend.

Everything that happend.

I went to a lot of Christmas shops and bought lots of decorations. I picked a tree and some presents for the kids.

The problem was that my car wasn't big enough for a whole tree but the Twinkie was. I tried calling John B but he didn't answer so I tried with JJ but it didn't work either. Luckily before the panic settled in I remembered that they still didn't have their phones. I got a new one so my parents could reach me in case they needed me but no one bought them phones.

I guess I have to add this to their presents this year.

I tried calling John B's landline. It called for a while but finally a voice answered.

"John B's house, we're not interesting in buying anything except if you're single" I heard JJ's voice from the phone.

"Hey I need your help to carry a tree and the Twinkie" I said without introducing myself.

"Why do you need to carry a tree?" He asked and I could hear the others voice asking who was on the phone.

"Because it's Christmas" I said finally letting down the bags with decorations I didn't even realise I was holding.

"Kinda cruel from you to cut a tree just for some holiday, Kie" he said and I could tell he was having a stupid smirk on his face.

"For your concern it's an artificial tree, smartass" I snapped.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Figure eight on that huge decorative store, close to the Summer Club" I said.

I heard an annoyed groan from the other side of the phone and then a silent "I'll be there in five" then the he ended the call.

It's so stupid that I wished he was still on the phone. I missed his voice even if it's only been a day and half since I saw him the last time. But it's okay cause it's me and JJ.

Things are always okay cause it's always the same reason.

It's just JJ and Kie.

They're sharing a joint in the same hammock?

It's just JJ and Kie.

They're flirting with eachother most of time?

It's just JJ and Kie.

They almost kissed but somehow both of them say they don't have feelings for eachother and pretend it was cause of a damn joint or some stupid alchool for around twenty times?

It's just JJ and Kie.

And I could never feel anything more than friendship for him. Could I?

I was snapped out from my thoughts by the horn of the Twinkie. JJ got out of the car wearing a fucking shirt and some pants and nothing else while I was wearing a shirt and a sweater and over them I had a coat and a scarf around my neck.