Chapter 41

~Kie's pov~

"You didn't think I was that stupid to believe that you're Sarah Cameron, did you?" the man asked again.

"If you know that I'm not Sarah then why am I still here?" I asked trying my best to not panick.

"My people made a mistake thinking that you're Sarah and bringing you here but since you're here anyway and I couldn't risk Sarah's Cameron life, I need you to help me find the lost city" he said again.

He noticed that I wasn't saying anything so he got up and put the map away. We stayed in silence for a few more minutes until a lady came inside.

"The car is here" she said.

The man locked the drawer where the map was in and put the key in the pocket from his shirt.

"We're gonna be there in a second" he said making a sign with his head towards the lady to leave.

Before she left I noticed that her phone was almost falling from her pocket. I got up and exited the room without looking at mr Kaz, hoping he wouldn't notice that I was trying to catch up with her.

As soon as I got closer to her, I leaned in and take her phone but she suddenly moved her hand towards her pockets and noticed the phone that was about to fall. I couldn't take it now that she put it further away in the pocket.

I followed her until the car and got inside, followed by mr Kaz. As soon as we got inside the car started speeding up towards the auction center.

I tried to look around and see if I can figure out where I was but the places didn't seem familiar.

It took us around an hour to get to the auction center. No one spoke in that time, not even a single word. But I didn't mind it.

When we got there, I noticed a lot of other people dressed elegant coming out of their cars.

"Just pretend you know what you're doing and don't think of running away" mr Kaz said before getting lost in the crowd.

That was the worst advice I ever heard.

As soon as I got inside there were some people offering me and the other people appetizers and drinks. I only picked up the drink so I'd look like I was used to this stuffs.

How the hell was I supposed to find anyone here?

I didn't even know how the person I was supposed to find looks like. The only thing I wanted to find right now was a phone.

"You don't like this parties either do you?" I heard a voice.

I turned around, noticing a boy that didn't seem older than me, standing on the couch. I moved towards him and sat down. Maybe I could've try and take his phone.

"Not really" I said.

"I'm Jack" the boy said, holding his hand in front of me.

"Sarah" I said and I was so glad I didn't mess up by saying my real name.

He picked up the hand I was holding towards him and gave it a small kiss. This parties were even more stupid than the kook one's.

"You'd expect Barbados to have better parties" he joked.

How come I didn't recognise it earlier? Now that I knew where I was I only needed to find a phone.

"What if me and you could sneak out of here?" I asked trying to figure out how to get out of here.

"I wish but my dad wants me to auction for some stupid city" he said.

Looks like I figured out who he was.

Now I only need to get a phone.

"Can I get your phone and call someone? I'll be right back" I said.

He nodded hanging me the phone. I didn't go too far away so he wouldn't find it weird that I'm going further away to talk.

I tried my best to remember the landline number from the Chateau. After only a few rings I heard John B's voice on the other like.

"Hey, it's me I just wanted to remind you where I am" I started, hoping that John B will understand that I'm not alone.

He didn't say anything so I continued.

"Remember the auction from Barbados I was telling you about? The one with mr Kaz" I said putting accent on his name.

"Kie? Are you with someone?" he asked.

"Yes, but I'll only be here for four days" I said, slowly looking towards the guy but he didn't seem to listen to me. "I'm staying at that house at the entertaining of the town, the big brown one" I added.

"Is there anyway to call you?" he asked.

"No, I have to go but see you soon" I said trying my best to calm down.

Before he could say anything else I heard JJ's voice asking who was on the phone. It felt so good to hear his voice again.

"I know I said I couldn't go but there's a cool place here I could show you" he said getting up from the couch and taking the phone I was handing him.

"What place?" I asked trying my best to look interesting.

"My dad's office, it's upstairs" he said, making me a small sign to follow him.

Everything was going so well, if I could get to his dad's office I could find something about that lost city.

I followed the guy on some stairs until we finally reached a locked room.

"So do you live here?" I asked while he was unlocking the door.

"No, only dad's office it's here" he said.

As soon as we got inside I noticed the same maps on the walls like the one mr Kaz had.

Now I only needed to find anything I could and maybe find some stuffs to take with me. It should be easy even if the only thing I could think about was JJ's voice from earlier.

Suddenly I was snapped out from my thoughts by him, putting some stuffs on a desk.