Chapter 7

~Kie's pov~

We areived in Outer Banks late in the middle of the night. JJ didn't want to say goodbye to his father. I didn't blame him.

"So what do we do now?" JJ asked helping me to get off the boat.

"I need to see my sister" Said Sarah.

"You can't go back there" Said John B.

"I have to see her" she said.

John B was silent for a few moments. He turned to Sarah and then to us.

"Fine but you're not going alone. After that you will stay with me. So will Cleo" he said.

For a moment I forgot that Cleo have nowhere to go.

"What about you Kie?" Asked JJ.

"I will go back home and talk with my parents about the boarding school" I said like it was nothing.

"You can't go back in there" JJ said.

"I have to"

"JJ is right, they'll send you to boarding school" Pope said.

No one said anything for a few seconds then John B spoke.

"We should go to the Chateau and we'll see what we'll do tomorrow" he said.

We all agree and went there.

John B and Sarah took the bedroom while me, Pope, JJ and Cleo took the couch.

I looked around the room. Everyone else was sleeping. I couldn't sleep. I had too many thoughts and the pain in my leg didn't help.

I got up and went outside.

Outside JJ was sitting in the hammock smoking a joint.

I slowly walked through him.

"You can't sleep either?" I asked when I got at the hammock.

"No" I said getting in the hammock next to him.

He gave me his joint and I pulled some of it and then gave it back to him.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" He asked.

"Just too many thoughts, you?"

"Too many thoughts" he said.

We stayed there in silence for a few minutes then he spoke.

"Are you sure you wanna see your parents?"

"I have to, they're my parents" I said taking the joint from here again.

"What if they'll sent you away?" He asked.

"Then I guess I'll have to go"

"You can't go, who will I smoke in the middle of the night?" He joked.

I couldn't help but laugh. He could awlays make me laugh. I really didn't wanna left him or the others but I also couldn't leave my parents.

"Maybe they won't send me to the boarding school" I said hopefully.

"If they'll take you to boarding school we'll take you out of there" he said.

The next day I woke up on the hammock alone. I had a blanket over me, JJ probably put it on me last night.

I went inside the Chateau. The others were already awake. All were inside except Sarah and John B.

"Where's Sarah and John B?" I asked looking around.

"They went after Wheezie" Pope said.

"Alone?" I asked.

"They were gone before we woke up" said Cleo getting up from the couch.

I sit at the table next to JJ who was smoking some joint.

"I have to go see my dad, let me know when they come back" Pope said.

"I'll come with you" Cleo said following Pope.

They've became really close which is awesome. I like Cleo but it's strange that she's never telling anything about her. It must be hard since she's far away from home.

"I should probably see my parents too" I said when the front door closed.

"I'll come with you" he said getting up.

I nodded getting out of the house.

"Do you wann go surfing before? I don't know if I can do this anymore after seeing my parents" I said looking at the sea.

"What about the leg?" He asked giving me a concerned look.

"It doesn't hurt that much anymore ans you'll have a chance to win" I said with a smirk.

I could know from the smile on his face that he was about to agree.

We spent the day surfing, smoking and walking around. The sun almost dissapeard which made me relaise that I have to go home.

We've walked for a while. When we were close I changed the direction so we'll walk a little longer. JJ didn't say anything. Around the threes were picture's with my face, under them it was my name and details of how to contact my parents if someone saw me.

I kept walking around the house for a few more times until JJ stopped me saying.

"Kie we've been walking around your house for the last two hours, if you don't wanna go in there you don't have to"

"No, I have to" I said.

"They're my parents, how bad it can be" I continued.

I was in front of my house. The sun's light shone in the windows of the house.

I looked back seeing JJ standing far away from the house, watching me. I knocked on the door. After a few seconds the door opened.

My mother opened the door. She was dressed in her usual blue pajamas. She looked tired. It looks like she hasn't slept in days.

She hugged me like I was going to disappear again.

"Mike, she's back" She yelled.

Dad went downstairs. Unlike mom, he was dressed in work clothes.

"I'm so happy you're fine" she said.

My mom keep putting a lot of questions until dad put a hand on her shoulder and we all got inside.

After things calmed down, my mother sat down next to me on the couch.

"We need to talk about the boarding school. You will go to the boarding school in after the Christmas, in one month"

"Wait, I've been gone for almost two months?" I asked.

I knew we didn't knew what time it was but it felt strange finding out that we've been gone for two months.

"Yes" she said.

There was a silence that lasted a few minutes until I spoke.

"I'm not going to the boarding school" I said knowing that I might start a fight.

"It's not your choice. I'm your mother. And forget about that boys you call friends" She said.

"They only put you in danger" my dad said.

"You know what? Fine. I'll go to that stupid boarding school but don't expect me to ever leave my friends alone when they'll need me" I said going to my room.

My room looks the same as I left it. Nothing was moved in it. I lay down on the bed. I missed my bed.

I took a bath and changed in other clothes.

I had to see if John B and Sarah came back. I decided to leave and see if JJ is still anywhere close. Besides I'll come back in the morning.

I noticed that my parents were in their room so I left on the door.

I looked around but JJ wasn't anywhere near so I went to the Chateau.

When I arrived JJ was there alone.

"Where are John B and Sarah?" I asked worried.

"I don't know. I thought they were with you" he said, I could hear the worrying in his voice.

"It's been hours. We have to go after them" I said.

Surf Trip//JiaraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara