11 (Part II)

Zafeenah's gasp made every person in the living room turn around. "Hauwa, Masha Allah."

Hauwa, who came down with Aliyah, did not know what to do with the attention. Aliyah, on the other hand, smiled proudly. "I told her she looked good. She claims I said so because she was nervous."

Hauwa felt the warmth creep up her cheeks and she prayed she didn't resemble a ripening tomato. "Why do you want to expose me?"

Umar laughed. "I don't think I've ever seen you so shy, Hauwa." He took a step forward, adjusting his black babanriga. "But Aliyah is right, you look lovely."

Her smile was bashfully small. "Thank you."

Amal looked ready to melt. She walked over to stand on Hauwa's other side. "Was this made by Aisha Harun?"

Hauwa nodded. "It was."

Zainab smiled mischievously. "I know who to send my remaining materials to. Wallahi this is so pretty. Was it inspired by an Indian dress, Hauwa? It looks similar to something I've seen on TV."

Hauwa nodded again. Her smile widened. "It is. I fell in love with lehengas recently. I wanted to recreate it with this material but I wanted a modest version. When I showed it to her, she said she could do it and well, she did."

Zafeenah cooed. "It's beautiful. When I give birth In Shaa Allah, I'll make mine too."

Hauwa laughed. "In Shaa Allah. You all look good. Maybe I should have considered wearing a lafaya. I'm standing out."

Mas'ood managed to force air back into his lungs. He spoke before anyone could. "This beats any lafaya you would have worn, Hauwa. Trust me."

They all agreed with him and Hauwa laughed lightly to hide her embarrassment. Wanting to take the attention off her, she asked about Zayd and Hanan.

"Oh, they're outside." Amal said, proceeding to lead her and Aliyah out. "You have to see Hanan, Hauwa. She looks amazing!"

Mas'ood followed them. Her dress was a work of art and he sent thanks and blessings to Aisha Harun wherever she was for the masterpiece she had created.

The lehenga inspired dress was sewn out of the royal shade of tyrian purple lace Hauwa spent so much on. It had a full skirt that fell from her waist all the way to her feet, a bodice with sleeves cut out of illusion net in the same shade of purple, and a wide net dupatta with trimmed lace edges which she draped over her left shoulder. Her head was covered with a nude raw silk headpiece; a colour that matched the heels that adorned her feet. Her make-up was light and her jewellery was simple. The red henna complimented her skin too.

(This was the inspiration but every inch of Hauwa's skin is covered and the dress is purple instead of red and Hauwa doesn't have so much jewellery)