7

Hauwa smiled as she watched her sister mindlessly toy with the ring on her finger. She sighed. "You love it that much, huh?"

Caught in the act, Hanan blushed. "You have no idea." She pushed back the twists that escaped from the loose packing they were in. "The whole day has been crazy."

"Even here." Hauwa adjusted her sitting position so she could be more comfortable. She smiled at the laptop screen where her sister was staring back. "They just left for the hotel and well, Kaycee had to go home. She was hoping she could talk to you but you were busy."

"I'll text her later."

"Oya," Hauwa had a lovely smile on her face. "Gist me."

"And you'll tell me everything that happened over there?"

Hauwa nodded immediately. "Deal."

Hanan's smile was beautiful. "It was so nice, Hauwa. Today was nice and I'm still scared that if I go to sleep and wake up I'll see that it was nothing but a dream."

"It's real, sweetheart." Hauwa's heart was melting. "Everything is real."

"When you called this morning, I swear to God, I was sleeping and I was wondering why you were calling so early. Amal, Hussayna, Jameelah and Catherine literally pulled me out and we had a late breakfast at this really nice café you should visit when you come to Abuja."

Hauwa nodded. "I will." It took her a moment to notice a flaw in what her sister had said and it made her frown. "Wait. I thought Amal had four friends? You only mentioned three." When she saw her sister's face fall, her frown deepened. "Hanan, what happened?"

Hanan's sigh was heavy. "Asma doesn't want anything to do with the union."

Hauwa's heart broke for the younger one. "Why?"

Hanan shrugged as though it was no big deal. "We didn't go into details but I know she thinks Zayd and Amal should stay the way they have always been." She shook her head and smiled. "Let's forget about it. Like Daddy said, and like I told them earlier, we should focus on those who support us. I just don't want this to affect her friendship with Amal. They're really close."

Hauwa hissed, annoyed at the whole thing. "Abeg she should get out. The least she can do is to be happy for her friend because Amal is happy with everything." She hissed again which caused Hanan to laugh. "Don't mind her. I'm glad the others warmed up to you."

"They did! They said they want to meet you. I gave Amal your phone number."

Hauwa felt her heart pick its pace and her cheeks warmed. "What have you been spreading about me in that Abuja, this small rat?"

Hanan laughed. "Nothing but the very truth...Oh, yeah! We spoke about fashion designers too. Hauwa, I've entered one chance."

Hauwa loved such topics so she leaned forward, her grin threatening to split her face in two. "Who did they recommend?"

"Hauwa, remember those nights we would stay up for hours gushing about weddings that were trending and saying that it would be nice to have those designers make dresses for us?"

Hauwa's eyes widened and she gasped. "It's a lie!"

Hanan nodded. "It's true. Jameelah asked if I had anything or anyone in mind and before I even said anything, they started calling names like Hudayya and Badasky. Amal even said Brides and Babies."

Hauwa's eyes couldn't get any wider. "Hanan, those are huge names!"

"I know! I told them I was fine with anything and you should have been there to see the looks they gave me, Hauwa." She groaned. "They said I'm about to be a Dantata and Dantatas don't settle for anything. Catherine said Zayd will kill them if I settled for anything."