chapter - 8

When I saw him sleeping cozily on the bed I made him scoot over to one side of the bed and then after freshening up I got on to the empty side and started to continue my work on the laptop. Just then someone knocked on the door and came in . It was mom she came in and asked if I was busy I just smiled a little and shook head indicating it was okay and told her to carry on.

She then asked me " Are you hungry??" "A little" I told her. " Why don't you eat first before you get engaged with your work?" "I just don't feel like eating anything even tho I am starving " "What is this Viraansh? On whom are you angry? On your brother and father or on your food??....you should not stop eating just because you had a bad day just like you won't stop going to work the next day even when you hit a loss ....instead the next day you go to work with three folds more determined force" "Mom..but nothing's right to stop and enjoy it right now just because of this fight at home I wasn't even able to focus at work". She just smiled and told something which made me crack a smile for the first time today "Then try eating something sweet or something tangy .... To fulfill your stomach. Then you will feel happy "

"Wait a minute I am gonna return with dinner. Wake this brat up too he has slept for long". She told and rushed to get me dinner. I don't know how to react to her light hearted and soothing behaviour even when it's just chaos everywhere. Mother is a mother she never lets her emotions and feelings take over her composed and well managed posture in front of her children. She really is an angel in disguise. I then patted Roop to wake him up and no response. Then again and again till it was starting to get on my nerves. He really is an expert in pushing all the buttons for someone's rage. I would kill him myself if he doesn't wake up by this now. I then slapped him hard on his buttocks and he jumped up in an instant. He was sleepy and was sweaty on the other half of his face as it was pressed hard on the bed.

"Hey!! You okay??" I asked him innocently like nothing happened right now. He then shook his head in his half concious mood. "Then go freshen up mom is bringing dinner for us" he nodded silently with those small gloomy and just now woke eyes. How could he not feel that tight slap and how could he not realise that it was paining and he was unconsciously rubbing it in his sleep. Just a senseless and brainless idiot.

Mom came with dinner for both of us and asked Roop when she couldn't spot him in the room. I jerked my head pointing towards the washroom . He then came out with that cheeky smile of his saying "you were the one right??" I was not getting it and then in an instant it clicked to me he was asking about the butt slap. I asked him " what?? What are you saying idiot ??" "Stop acting as if you are innocent. You are the one who slapped me hard on my buttock to wake me up. Now it is hurting like hell you jerk ...fool." " Stop talking rubbish I didn't even touch you. You had a dream I guess " He lunged onto me and then slapped me hard on my back. This son of ...... Damn it's not right forgive me god. "stop it you two idiots . You both don't even act like grown ups and lack love and affection towards each other you fools." and then she sat down on the bed with food on the plate for both of us.

        She started feeding us and it tastes good..but nearly burned my mouth it was soo hot. She gave me water and I chugged on water at once. Now I feel at ease. Meanwhile this asshole of a brother is showing all his teeth and looking at me. I just want to rip that mocky grin off his face ...... After sometime mom came in and talked to him in a serious tone.

     "Roop what did you think about the thing with your dad?" She asked. " I don't know mom I want to just show him that whatever I choose is up to me and he cannot force his own thoughts onto me"  he bubbled out in an instant.  "I know my dear but once you can give him a chance and he will definitely be ready to give you one too".  " Ok mom whatever you think is correct". "Very good my dear boy I spoke to him this evening after the incident. He is gonna let you off of this only when you are ready too. So you both need to give a chance to each other ".

                 She never fails to stop any wrong steps taken by anyone in our family. She is the best mom I could ever ask for. Infact the best life partner my short tempered dad could ever get. Saying that she talked about this with him and she even wants Roopansh to be a mature child she encouraged them both to bond even stronger with each other.  Dad is the luckiest man just because of my mom and this truth can't be changed. No girl I've seen in my life struggles this hard to stay out on the right decision that is to stay together with family no matter how hard it seems to be.

      I worked for next 45 minutes and then slept beside Roop who was in deep slumber and I guess he is probably having a great dream. He was adamant on not going to other room which was there only for him. He eventually chose to sleep here making me sleep in this corner of the bed and him taking up the almost entire bed. This is gonna be tiring to keep off of my side of bed. He crawls back into my side just like a caterpillar. My precious sleep and one relaxing night has gone in his adamant ways to disturb me.

_________________________________________

Hey guyss!!!!

      This is the next part of my story. I am really happy about the book but even sad that as an author I don't find any kind of inspiration towards it sometimes.
     So please my dear munchkins readers my sugarypies please do vote my story and comment on it.

     And .....so follow your author. Thank you all.!!!

                                               ~Your Author;⁠)
                                                                🤍🤍