Returned

3 years later...

Today marks the last day of my death. Death herself is supposed to return me home and make sure that I am 'known'.

The gem that is around my neck is almost fully purple. Whoever wrote that note was completely lying. This extraction thing is painful and draining me physically and mentally.

 This extraction thing is painful and draining me physically and mentally

There was a knock on my room door and I opened it.

She also allowed me to stay with her because 'she needs to see how everything works' which in other words is her wanting someone else to stay with her besides Killian.

I opened the door and was face to face with the towering fair man. "Speak of the devil." I smirked. "Death would like to see you now Pheonix." Killian stated.

I nodded and headed to her chambers which was down the hall from mine. Death and Killian are really intimate every other night.

Well at least the void from the power being taken would throw me into a noise canceling state of mind. The warrior knocked on Death's door and awaited an answer.

"Enter." She stated in an annoyed tone. Once the door opened it was evident that she was trying to fix a sculpture but it shattered.

She was in her normal robe and her sickle a few meters away. "You called?" I questioned folding my arms. She snapped her neck to me before approaching and taking the gem off.

"Well you're free now." She voiced admiring the gem before it disappeared in a puff of smoke. "A deal's a deal." I reminded her. "Fine fine. I thought you forgot" She sighed outstretched her hand and summoning her sickle.

Once in hand, she slammed the bottom onto the floor sending a circle of smoke from the bottom to throughout the room.

Her attire changed and so did mine.

(Death 👆)

(Death 👆)