Chapter 19

Saad's POV
***
I've been waiting for Daniya to come home since forever. I go up to the room Aleena's staying in. I open the door and find Aleena and Zoha on the bed on their stomach watching something on her tablet.

"Hey, did Daniya tell you when she's coming back" I ask her still standing at the door.
"No, why do you want something" she says with a mischievous smile
"Aleena don't..." my eyes catch zohas ankle.
She's wearing the anklet I bought for Daniya. Did Daniya not like it and give it to Zoha? No way she would do that? Right?
"Zoha where did you get that anklet from?" I ask her, looking from her ankle to her face.
"Oh I found it next to me this morning. Isn't it pretty?" She ask totally clueless that it's wasn't for her.
"Yah it's very pretty" I say coldly as I close the door.

It makes all sense now. Daniya must have gotten hurt thinking that I gave Zoha the anklet. I shake my head in disbelief. I'm gonna make up to her and buy her a prettier anklet.

Daniya's POV
***
I get home late. I walk into my room I find everyone asleep. Probably because it's the rukhsati tomorrow. I take a shower then get into bed. Aleena turns and faces me. Her eyes flutter open but shut close again.
"Where have you been" she ask still half asleep.
"Out riding" I tell her
"Not fair! You haven't taken me for a ride yet" she complains still in her sleep.
She's such a child I giggle and shake my head
"I'll take you tomorrow" I tell her while I lay down facing her
"Not tomorrow, it's my rukhsati" she reminds me.
"Alright then when ever you ask me" I say as I drug of to sleep.

Next morning

My head was hurting so badly. I woke up and drank water. Aleena was again trapped in her room.

As soon as I left I could see people running around. My Khala asking Zoha to press her clothes. I could here both mine and Aleena's parents talking loudly in the kitchen.

I went in "Aslam o alaikum" I greeted them. And they greeted back.
     "Breakfast is eggs" my mom told me.
"And get your clothes ready it's going to be a busy day" she said as I took a seat at the table.

Saad's POV
***
I woke up and got dressed. Today was going to be a busy day. And I wanted to get something done before I could help out with the preparations.

I took Haiders car keys and drove off to the mall we went a few days ago. I had to find the store from which I got the anklet from. I tried remembering which one it was  but got lost.

I pulled my phone out and it was 12:23pm. Shit I've been here since 10:00pm. I should head back. Not before finding the store. I ran down this hall of the mall but it wasn't their. Suddenly I stopped, as  I saw this other store that I remember from the other day. I walked towards it and took a right. Then I ran down this hall and I could see the store at the on the far corner.

I ran up and saw someone working at the counter.
     "Hi how may I help you" she asked me
     "Hey, I'm looking for an anklet" I told her.
     "Alright, come this way" she led me to the other side of the store
     "We have a variety of them, you can look through them" she motioned to the items

I looked through them but nothing caught my eye.
     "You don't like any of them" she looked at me disappointed.
     "No" I told her still searching.
      "I have this one you might like" she said as she disappeared in the back
     "Here we are" she showed it
     "I love it" I told her.