Chapter 1

"I don't understand what's wrong with my mom" I tell my friend.
     "Why what did she do" asks zaina.
      Zaina has been my friend since grade 9. I'm in grade 12 now and theirs only 2 weeks left till our graduation.
     "She's been screaming since yesterday, apparently we have guest coming over and she won't tell us who it is" I let my frustration go.
    "Oh, that makes sense. My mother does the same thing" zaina reply's.
     "Ugh fine whatever, anyways I have good news" I tell her, now all excited.

"What's the news?" She ask as a car drives by.  
     We walk home so we can talk about all the gossip in the world which is always my highlight of the day.
     "Tomorrow me and my dad are going to go buy a motorbike!!" I'm literally screaming with excitement.
     "No way, I thought you were joking about this motor bike thing" Zaina looks at me in disbelief
     "I know right I can't believe it either. Finally the day has come. I'm going to ride my motorcycle to school by next week. Isn't that awesome" I say.
     Riding a bike is a dream come true. I have always wanted one.
     "Your house is already here, every-time we start talking about something interesting your house seems to get closer" She says annoyed.
     "I know right, anyways I will tell you the details later on text. See yah" I say turning into my street.
     "K see you on Monday" she screamed back.

     The past three days have been so hectic for me. My mom has been screaming at me and telling me to clean the house. You know how big our house is? And she expects me to clean it all by my self.  We have 4 bedrooms and 3 washroom upstairs. On the ground floor we have a seating room which we don't even go into then a TV room which we are always in. Right next to the sitting room we have a dining room and next to that the kitchen. Lastly there is a guest bathroom and a washroom. Then we have the basement, in which their are 2 rooms and 2 washrooms. Which a kitchen and a TV room. So yah it's a big house. And only 6 of us live in it. My dad is planning to rent out the basement, which I will be glad.

     "Honk honk" I look at the direction of the noise and see my dads car. The big white one. We usually don't use that car. I see a bunch of figures in the back seat but I can't quite see who it is. Probably my siblings.

     He's parked into the driveway and gets out. "Aslam o alaikum, Daniya go put you bag inside and come help me unload the car" Says my dad.
     So I go and open the door, still oblivious of what is happening. Damn, my house is really clean. I leave my bag near the door and head back out. Shocked. It's my dads older brother standing right in-front of me.
     "Aslam o alaikum Chachu" he's actually my thaya but I like to call him Chachu.
     "Walaikum salam" He says as he puts he's hand on my head. The back door opens and my Chachu's wife comes out.
     "Aslam o alaikum beta" she says as she comes in for a hug.
     "Walaikum slam chachi".

     Behind my chachi comes out my best friend also my cousin.
     "You traitor" I say as I grab her and hug her.
     "Surprise my dear cousin" Aleena says. Into my ear.
     "I was wondering why you hadn't replied to me" I say as I get her off me.
     "I wanted to surprise you" Aleena says white a wink.
     From the other side of the car a tall good looking dude comes out.

     He's about 6ft1 tall. He's wearing black baggy jeans and a white t shirt. White sneakers. He's hair is a mess, going in all directions and besides him is an exact copy of him. That's probably Zain. Aleena's younger brother, he's probably 13. He's around 5ft1. He's pretty cute.
Aleena elbows me,
     "Stop looking at him".
    "At who?" I ask totally clueless.
"At my brother" she smirks.
     I look at her confused "I'm looking at Zain, he's grown up" I tell her
     "Sure, so has Saad" she flashes me a grin.
     I get it now. This idiot. I haven't seen Saad in along time. During Eid he never comes on video call or takes any pics. So I literally had no idea how he looked.
     And I would never dare to ask Aleena for a pic or she would start shipping us. I mentally role my eyes.

     "Aslam o alaikum Daniya api" says Zain with his not so cute voice.
     Damn his going through puberty, u say to myself.
    "Walaikum slam" I say as I rub his hair.
     Did I mention how these guys have a British accent. Anyway, I look at at Saad and he simply nods he's head and walk to the back of the car and opens the trunk. Rude much, I tell my self.
     "Sab andar chale" my dad says and we all walk into the house except Saad.
     "(Everyone go inside)" Says my dad
     "Daniya, haider kaha hai" My dad asks me as I get inside.
     "(Daniya where is haider?)"

     "He's at school, he has a football meeting today, he will come home late" I tell my dad.
     "Oh ok then you go and help Saad unload the car" He says as he walk towards the kitchen.
     Unbelievable I say to myself.

     I go outside and see that all the luggage has been unloaded and Saad is closing the trunk. So I go and grab the big suitcase.
     "That's to heavy for you" He says as he takes the suitcase from my hands.
     What? Heavy for me? It's ok Daniya chill and grab something else. I grab another big suitcase case. " That one is probably heavy for you as-well , why don't you grab the small one" he tell me.
    "It's not heavy for me, I'm not a 10 years old" I tell him as I pull the suitcase and walk towards the door.
     He doesn't say anything and simply walks behind me. I pull the suitcase through the door.
     "Ami! Where do I put the suitcase" I scream so my mom can hear me. She walks out the kitchen
     "For now just leave it here" she tells me.
     I have no idea which room is for who. The guest room is probably Chachu's and his wife's. Aleena is most definitely sleeping in my room. And I'm guessing Saad will sleep in my brothers room. And Zain definitely in my younger siblings room. I leave the suitcase and go back to bring in the other stuff with Saad.
     "Where is haider?" He asks me and I tell him that he's still at school and will probably come home late. "
     So he plays football?" Saad says.
    "No he plays American football not soccer" I tell him because they call soccer, football in the UK.
     "And when did I say he plays soccer?" He ask as he raises one of his eyebrows up.
    "Well I just assumed that" I tell him.
     "Well you shouldn't assume things" He says as he puts the last luggage inside and I close the door behind me.
     Is it me or has he gotten real cold over the years. Such and arrogant prick.

*thanks for reading please comment if you have questions*