Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kim Hong Joong

Hong Joong sighed as he looked around the cafe. He was use to people starring at him, some even took pictures.

"Why didn't you choose a more discreet place?" Axel asked.

"She chose this place not me." Hong Joong sighed.

Axel sighed as he watched there surroundings.

"There she is." Axel whispered.

Hong Joong looked up and smiled.

"Charlotte." He smiled.

"Hong Joong." She said before sitting down.

"Thank you for meeting me." He said.

"Well you wouldn't stop calling." She sighed.

"Yes, I wasn't going to take no for an answer." He chuckled.

"So what is that you were so eager to speak to me about?" She asked.

"The engagement party, why'd you lie and say we didn't invite you?" He asked.

Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"I'm not about to do this, does Iris know you're meeting me?" She asked.

"No, what is your problem with me?" He asked.

"So we're doing this?" She asked raising her brow.

"Yes because we need to nip this into a bud." He said.

Charlotte scuffed and nodded before resting her elbows on the table.

"I don't like you, you're not good enough for Iris. You're a party hopping play boy who likes a challenge. Iris is a challenge, you're selling her this dream of her becoming a princess." She said.

Hong Joong raised his brow and scuffed.

"First of all I love Iris and she isn't a challenge. I'm not selling shit, she will become a princess and a queen. Yes I was a wild guy but I was young, and I'm ready to settle down." He said.

"With Iris? Answer me this, if you weren't force to marry would you ever would have given Iris a chance?" She asked.

"That's not fair, I came here looking for love because I didn't want to be in an arranged marriage. If I would have met Iris without those consequences I would have still fallen in love with her." He said.

"Bullshit, I see through you Hong Joong. You're a spoon fed royal brat and Iris is a fool in love. You might have her and her family wrapped around that royal finger but not me. I'll be there when you break her heart...again." She said.

"You're a horrible friend, and I get that you don't like me ok fine. This is about Iris you're her best friend, at least be happy for her and support her decision." He said.

"Fuck you, and fuck that. I'm not going to sit around and just let my friend make dumb decisions because she's in love." She said.