Chapter Fifteen

Iris Quinn &  Kim Hong Joong

Iris rubbed her temples as she looked in the mirror, she thought confessing her love to Hong Joong would make things better but things were slowly falling apart. Between planning Ivy's bridal shower she was busy and the only time she would see him is when he would pick her up for work. Luckily tonight he asked her to come over, she was excited about it, because she was off of work for the weekend and she ordered all of Ivy's gifts so she was free.

She quickly did her hair and put on light makeup knowing he hated staying in the house, she knew they were going to go out somewhere. She got dressed in something simple before stepping out of her apartment, she walked a few feet and was in front of his door. She knocked on it and patiently waited.

"Iris." Axel smiled.

"Hi Axel it has been a while since I've seen you." She said.

As she was about to embrace him he quickly stepped away causing her to look at him.

"I'm sorry, it's a...religious thing." He nervously chuckled.

"Ohhhh...how about a dap then?" She asked lifting her fist.

He looked at her hand weirdly.

"Like this." She grabbed his palm and closed it before connecting there fist.

"Ohhhhh." He smiled.

"And then you blow it up." She said opening her hand.

"Oh ok." He nodded.

"Try it again." She said raising her fist.

He smiled and connected his fist to hers before blowing it up.

"I've never had an interaction like this." He chuckled.

Iris laughed and shook her head before looking past him to see Hong Joong exiting his room. She looked at him and smiled, but it quickly vanished when she noticed the dark circles around his eyes and the way he was sloppy dressed. She walked past Axel and stood in front of him.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"We need to talk, Axel leave us." He said.

Iris threw her head back shocked that he just spoke to Axel in that manner, she looked at Axel who nodded before going into the kitchen. He grabbed her hand and led her to the sofa, she looked at him weirdly before crossing her legs.

"Hong Joong, what's going on? Why'd you talk to Axel like that?" She asked.

"I need to tell you something." He said.

"What is it?" She asked sitting up.

"I'm not from California." He said.

"I figured that." She giggled.

"No, I'm not even from the United States." He said.

"Ok? you're from another country, I'm sure you had your reasons." She shrugged squeezing his hand.

Hong Joong sighed removing her hand from his before standing, Iris watched as he rested his forearm on the mantle piece as he bit his nails.