Immortals Chapter 58 - The Dress

A week or two later, and things were hectic. The press had gone wild since Sasuke had announced the engagement and the future wedding on the same day, and were desperate to get every chance they could to get juicy gossip and updates on the matter. On top of this, Sasuke was in the busy process of releasing a new album, in preparation for the music awards coming up. Sasuke had been assured by his manager, Kakashi, that he'd get many awards without the new album, but Sasuke was determined to get as many as possible.

The wedding planning was crazier than they had anticipated. Mikoto was determined to get the ceremony held all the way in England, in the original Uchiha Estate, where she and Fugaku got married. She'd also went all out with the preparation and plans, plans which were taking a lot longer than usual due to how extravagant they were in her head.

Ayame was stressed. She'd had to put off college applications because of the whole matter, and her father wasn't pleased with that. She'd also taken on a part-time job at a local store to help support her family, due to Rika's recent redundancy at the company she worked for. Of course, Ayame hadn't told Sasuke that she had a job; he would go ballistic and insist on moving the Yamatos to a newer, larger house closer to him, no matter what her father would say, and pay for everything they needed.

It didn't help that Mikoto was constantly visiting, taking Ayame out with her to possible venues where the ceremony would be held - if the England plan failed - as well as dressmakers, florists, caterers, wedding planners. The only amusement Ayame had gotten out of all of the trips was when Mikoto had an argument with the wedding planner and florist she'd picked at first, enraged that they didn't agree with Mikoto's plan of a red wedding dress. She reminded herself not to cross Mikoto; they left the shop that day, leaving it in ruins.

Ayame grumbled to herself as she shifted on the bed. She was only hoping Mikoto didn't make one of those visits today, for a second time. They'd became more and more frequent.

"Sleep." She heard a voice scold. "You need it."

"I can't." She said with a sigh. Her eyelids opened, looking up to see Sasuke beside her. "I have too many things on my mind."

"Want me to take your mind off a few things?"

"Whatever it is better not be dirty."

"It's not."

"I'll agree to it, then,"

He lifted a hand, running his fingers through her hair. A pleased mumble left her lips as she crept closer to him, encouraging him to continue. His hand made its way through her hair, before proceeding to trace across the right side of her face. She hummed, a smile growing on her lips even though she had her eyes closed, turning her face slightly to place a kiss against the inside of his wrist.

"It's better already..." She mumbled, shivering slightly as his hand left her face and traced across her collarbone, then making its way across her shoulder and down her arm.

"You haven't been sleeping at all, recently, have you?" He asked accusingly. "You're really pale and you look half dead."

"Oh, thanks." She grumbled. She shifted awkwardly as his hand began to trace lines up and down her side, occasionally drifting to her stomach or back.

"Why are you so stressed?" His hand remained at her side for a moment or two more, before tracing over her hip - an action which caused her to blush dark scarlet as she jerked away from his hand momentarily, and caused him to laugh - and then settling again at her thigh, where his fingers began gently tracing shapes.

"Why are you not stressed? At all?" Ayame sighed. "I seem to be the only one panicking, and I'm not even planning this event."

"I don't get stressed unless it's something important to me," he said, placing a kiss against her forehead. His hand now began its way back up. "Take you, for example. If something bad happened to you, I'd be incredibly stressed."