Immortals Chapter 28 - Dressed to Impress

"Rika, I need your help!"

Instantly, Rika span around in her desk chair. She leapt to her feet, dashing over to where Ayame stood in the doorway.

"You need a dress?" She asked, to which Ayame nodded quickly.

"I'm sorry; I should have asked in advance, but everything's been so hectic lately." Ayame said sheepishly, smiling in apology.

"When does the party start?" Rika asked, placing a hand at her chin.

"At half six."

"Hmm...just under two hours to get you ready...why didn't you leave tennis early?!" She accused, poking a finger at her.

"I couldn't! The tournament is coming up, and I wanted Kurenai-sensei to pick me!"

Rika rolled her eyes, before heading over to her wardrobe. She took Ayame's hand, leading her over to the doors, before sliding them open. Ayame grinned; she'd barely ever been allowed in here before, as this was Rika's wonderful wardrobe world. In was a walk-in-wardrobe which she'd shared with their mother, but now it was all Rika's. None of them had touched their mother's stuff; they'd drawn a curtain over it so Rika wouldn't get upset looking at it everyday.

"Now...what colour?" She asked, humming. "I think you've grown out of the colourful, cute style you used to pull of all the time. How about we go for something new?"

"Ooh, new sounds good!" Ayame said, clapping her hands together.

"Alright..." Rika narrowed her eyes, before she began rooting through the dozens of dresses she had lined up along the wall. Rika laughed softly to herself as she pulled out different dresses, holding them out in front of Ayame and seeing the majority of them didn't suit her at all.

"Is there nothing that's not wild colours?" Ayame asked as she rose an eyebrow at the rather unattractive orange and green striped dress. She knew Rika would be caught dead in that, but it had been a gift from their grandmother, and there was a rule everyone in their family knew; do not discard grandmama's presents. It ends badly if you do.

"Hmm...I wonder..." Rika put a hand to her chin as she looked over at Ayame. "I wonder if you're old enough to pull of the sexy look yet..."

Ayame shrugged. "I don't know. Could I?"

"Let's see here...I have a dress somewhere perfectly for that style." Rika turned back to her dresses, before rooting through and finding what she needed. "Here! This one!"

Ayame stepped forward, examining the dress. It was a long black evening dress, strapless with low-hanging, short sleeves that began and ended just past the shoulder.

"Rika, it's beautiful...would you let me use this?" Ayame asked, looking up at her sister in surprise.

"As long as you tell Sasuke-kun not to rip it when undressing you, then yes."

"Rika!" Ayame's cheeks flared a million shades of red.

Rika laughed, "Hurry up and get changed!"

Ayame did so, and once she was out of her clothes, Rika helped her into the dress. Ayame had to hold in her breath as Rika zipped it up, due to Rika's more slender figure compared to her younger sister, but it fit perfectly fine once it was on properly.

"Perfect! It fits nicely!" Rika said with a smile, straightening out the ends. "It's not too tight, but gives perfect emphasis on what needs to be emphasised. Sasuke-kun will be pleased."

Ayame blushed again. "You really think so?"

"I know so. Now come on, let's get your make-up done." Rika took Ayame's hand, leading her back into the bedroom.