Immortals Chapter 33 - Paparazzi Problems

Song on the side (or above if you're on the app) is I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy, aka, Sasuke's theme song. He...don't..care what you think, as long as it's about him~!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. I felt as it the last chapter was a little crappy, so I've tried to make this one better.

Enjoy!
_______

Ayame woke up in a sour mood the next day. After a lengthy talk with Sasuke, he'd apologised for not being able to stay, and left. She couldn't sleep at all after he'd gone; he could have at least stayed until she was asleep. Even then, she'd probably wake up when she noticed he was gone.

After brushing her teeth and yanking a brush through her messy hair, she made her way downstairs in her pjs and housecoat. Her slippers made quite a bit of noise as she lazily dragged her feet across the wooden floor.

She sorted herself some breakfast, before heading into the living to eat it. None of her family members were present, to her slight disappointment. Now she had to eat alone.

With a shrug, she settled onto the couch, beginning to eat her cereal while flicking through channels on the tv. In the end, she settled on watching the news, munching on the crispy cornflakes as she watched the ditzy, blonde reporter list off the weather. An almost identical woman, wearing the same amount of makeup, if not more - and Ayame wondered how she held her face up - was sat in a plush couch with a slightly older man as they reported news ranging from things such as celeb gossip to tsunami disasters.

When she heard Sasuke's name mentioned, as well as her own, she very nearly did a spit take. She choked on her mouthful of cereal, her head snapping up to the tv.

"...he was seen yesterday, out on the streets, arguing with a girl who's appearance matches the description of the girl he was with at his party the night before." The man was speaking, smiling to the camera. "Is it possible this is Ayame, the girl Sasuke himself tried to claim he didn't know a few weeks before? Why do you think he'd do that?"

He was obviously speaking to the female reporter, who shrugged. "Maybe he was trying to hide her from the public. It's a way of protecting her from the public's eye."

"We have video footage of this, don't we?" The male asked, to which she nodded.

The next thing that was played on the screen was a short video, one of which appeared to have been filmed from a hiding space in bushes, of her and Sasuke in the same road they'd argued in yesterday. The video had been cut and the few clips that were shown were them arguing, and then when Sasuke kissed her. She blushed a thousand shades of red when she realised her hands had twitched to reach out for him when he'd leaned down to kiss her.

"Quite a scene," the female reporter's voice said.

"Indeed. It's rare to see Sasuke nowadays kissing women in public." The man nodded vigorously. "We have an update from outside the house. Apparently there's someone in the front room."

Ayame felt a shot of paranoia. She looked up, eyes widening when she saw a camera's lens hovering just over the bottom of the window. With a short squeak of surprise she leapt to her feet, rushing out of the room.

"Dad, Yasu, Rika!" Ayame called, slowly making her way to the front door. She pulled aside the curtains an inch, her eyes growing wide.

Outside, on the front yawn, were dozens of news reporters, cameras and several vans parked along the road. There were even some tents, no doubt reporters having pitched here overnight.

"What's wrong, Ayame?" She heard her sister call as she made her way down the stairs.

"Rika, do not go outside, whatever you do." Ayame warned, standing in front of the door.