Totally Messed Up

The road that never ends,' wished Sarah as Kevin plopped off the school bus. Turning back till the last possible sight of him has been a regimented routine for Sarah. Ever since the last encounter with Kevin,debating at the MUN conference, she couldn't solicit how she could lose an argument against a noob. After all an amateur munner he was.Since that day she wondered what makes her so glued to him.Was it animosity or fascination ? Was it his aura or the argument too strong to undermine.Sarah was a changed person in her head.Totally messed up!

Kevin a rogue, flirtatious with ordinary looks had the charm of colloquial talent.Conversely, Sarah was an epitome of sincerity who lived under the military rule of her Lieutenant colonel father. Conformity to discipline had become her personality.Tension mounted between the two and frequent heated arguments during classroom made their presence quite edgy for each other.Winning against Kevin had become so much of a relentless goal for Sarah that it affected her cogency. There was no escape too as their subjects of interest were common at school bringing them at loggerheads. Tension mounted each time they came face to face.It was a battle of sorts invariably but that day something changed.She changed and so did he.

The annual MUN conference at Hyderabad participation was offered only to the both of them.Being school representatives,Sarah and Kevin had to double delegate which means work in coherence.More than the Ukraine Russia crisis, fellow comrades speculated over their fiasco.Arguing was manageable but not associating. When they met to collaborate,the first thing Kevin said was ,'I am moving to another town next week.This would be the last time we would get to see each other.' Sarah dropped her protective guns. This sudden news gave her piercing pain of separation. It was not easy but there was little she could do. What changed was that now she knew what she felt for him.It was not anger,annoyance, animosity! It was fondness for someone who coaxed and inspired her to do better each time. She smiled and said,' Let's get on with work ,I want us to win the trophy !!'