A regular Sunday

I huffed out a frigid breath.Racing through the crowded streets so that I could hopefully get my hands over the newest laptop which infact was on sale.It was Christmas, after all, even though I had no one treating myself for working like a dog and the terrible job must be acknowledged.The weather had been peculiar lately, even though December the Asian sky at noon confirmed that it were to rain soon.I continued scurrying.Paying no mind to the Try out,' Try our new limited edition cookies for the depressed.' 'Try our new yogurt'.However one thing did catch my sight. It was practically impossible to ignore when a pair of eyes were boring right into you.

On turning, I was met with site of an aged man, probably in his 60s. He pulled his mouth into a warm smile that stirred up painful sense of longingness in me. The man walked away and I instinctively followed the sheer irony. I spent years complaining about how slow witted the main leads in horror movies were, and here I am, following an old man I have never encountered in my entire life. 

I followed him further until he reached the quieter alley. I definitely was not a spy.My feet met with a parched twig that let out a shriek. Time stopped. He stopped and turned back. With the same smile plastered on his face. He questioned Ether. Why are you following me? My heart sunk. He knew my name. Who are you? I cropped out, barely managing to hide my fear.'Do you seem to have forgotten me? Then again, can't really blame you with furrowed eyebrows.' My mind brainstormed 1,000,000 possibilities. It was then when the epiphany hit me like a truck, my face paled in an instant as I asked with a quivering voice. 'Dad', the man only smiled.Further Enough to confirm my suspicions. Tears pulled in my eyes. You left me. Why are you here now?

The man -my Dad only looked down, ashamed, his eyes mustering up the courage to convey something. I'm sorry kid, I know I did you wrong, but I was young. I wasn't sure if I was in a good enough parent, so I left. I left you at that orphanage, hoping someone better would take you, he continued, continued to tell me how much he regretted.How? He came back to look for me, but this time I was not there. I took a deep breath. Come on, Dad, let's go home. Intertwining our hands, we walked home, an unfamiliar yet nostalgic feeling settling in and the laptop that was long forgotten. He was my best Christmas Gift.