Track 37: I Hate Myself For Loving You

Content Warning: Sexual Assault and Intoxicated Consent

Reader Discretion is Advised

~~~

Cairo, Egypt

November 14th, 1988

The migraines seemed to just come and go as they pleased for (Y/N). She could spend an entire day free of any sort of pain or stress, conversing with her fellow inhabitants of the mansion with her usual confidence, it was when she could sense the presence of the Vampire that the sudden will to struggle would burn in the back of her mind.

She couldn't understand the reason behind it, DIO was an excellent host and compared to some dubious people she left in the past, his charismatic personality was a breath of fresh air. Yet deep in her soul, something was begging her to break free, but for what reason was left unknown.

Until that fateful night, her Lord had summoned her into his chambers.

(Y/N) was hit in the face with the smell of blood and sex, something she had unfortunately been all too familiar with, hiding her disgust easily enough from the Vampire who rested shirtless on his lounge chair. The room was illuminated with only a few burning candles, enough to reveal the headless corpse of a woman splayed on the cold stone floor.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked, barely acknowledging the dead body as she stood in front of him.

DIO took a sip of the wineglass in his hand, filled to the brim with a rich red liquid. "You're so ready to assume that I will assign you a chore, is it wrong of me to simply desire some company?"

"I'm guessing your previous company wasn't entertaining." The girl said as a half jest and half remark, she had been living in DIO's mansion long enough to know how her Lord would often throw away human lives when they had used up their purpose to him.

"Sadly true, but I haven't lost my interest in you for some time now." He put down the glass and clapped his hands, another loyal Stand user entered the chambers, Vanilla Ice inside his Stand Cream. He wordlessly picked up the body and consumed it in one gulp, leaving the premises soon after the job was done. "Why don't you get comfortable, my Darling?"

A dull throbbing in her head told her to refuse, but she ignored it and sat on a barrier opposite the Vampire. She waited for him to speak first, having a feeling that DIO left that body in the room as a warning, one wrong move and she could end up as just another corpse to be cleaned up.

"Do you remember when that young man was invited into the mansion?" DIO started, "He's a dear friend of mine, Enrico Pucci, I was informed by him that the two of you knew each other."

(Y/N) recalled seeing the young white-haired boy enter the Vampire's bedroom, from what her Lord was implying he wanted an explanation of how they were acquainted. "Pucci was a kid from a neighbouring town, I'd see him mostly at the Church being taught religion or something like that by the local Nun. I didn't know him personally."

"But he seemed to know you very well." He remarked, tilting his head into his resting palm.

She clenched her jaw, being tortured would have been preferred over dredging up her history with that town. "A lot of people I've never met know me, it came with the... reputation."

"Darling, why do you feel ashamed in front of me? I told you from the moment I first laid eyes on you: I know exactly what filth you crawled out of." His words were meant to comfort her, it did everything but. "When the topic turned to you and your ability, Pucci told me something very interesting."