Track 10: Man In The Mirror

Calcutta, India
December 12th, 1988

~~~

The boat the Crusaders boarded had almost reached the ports, they had reached India. "I can't help but feel uneasy." Joseph said with a sheepish smile, "Of course, I'm worried about the Stand users... But truth be told, this is my first time in India. It does have a certain reputation, full of beggars and thieves and people only eat curry and diseases are everywhere."

"What if my body cannot handle the culture shock?" Polnareff worried.

Avdol thankfully reassured his companions, "That assessment is rather distorted, you needn't worry. It's a nice country, where good people live. I can guarantee it." The boat came to a halt, as Avdol opened the ship's door for all of them. "Now then, we're in Calcutta, let's go."

"Oh, just a fair warning for you guys," (Y/N) put her sunglasses over her eyes to block out the blinding sunlight, "I already took all of your wallets for safekeeping." And then she ran out the door.

The shock of that was quickly overshadowed by the shock of a crowd of locals bombarding the Crusaders. Men, women, and children alike were talking over themselves trying to get some spare change and payment from the men.

"Baksheesh!"

"Let me carry that for you!"

"Want a tattoo? You're very pretty."

"Any spare change? Baksheesh?"

"Exchange your dollars? Very good rate!"

"Need some anti-venom? It won't hurt your stomach!"

"Baksheesh, Mister!"

"I'll show you to my hotel!"

During the midst of the many locals swarming the six Stand users, Kakyoin remembered that none of them could be pickpocketed since the (H/C) haired girl had all of their material possessions. "(Y/N), you still have all of our wallets, right?"

"You guys can't be serious, do I look like someone who can be robbed blind!?" She yelled in annoyance, the people were pushing her toward Jotaro. "Give me some more credit, come on..."

"Baksheesh mister? You won't go to heaven if you don't!" One of the children surrounding the Delinquent noticed (Y/N) and held out his hand. "Baksheesh, Miss!"

"Aww~ Here have a ten." She took out one of the wallets and gave the boy a paper bill, which got the attention of literally everyone.

"(Y/N)!" Her companions shouted, attempting to get to her was impossible with every local now rushing to also get a tip.

But the Moon user only gave change to the children, "Here's some for you~ And some for you~ And a big tip for you two~"

"Dhanyavan!" Many of the kids thanked the girl, who patted their heads with a cheerful grin on her lips.

"Avdol, you were right, India is great!" (Y/N) flashed a thumbs up at the boys, now free from the bustling crowd thanks to her.

The Egyptian was the only one who shared her sentiment, the other men were currently wallowing in despair with how much money (Y/N) had given away to the children. "I knew you would see it that way. This is what makes this country so fantastic!"

~~~

It didn't take long for the Crusaders to find a hotel, a five-star hotel this time around. The luxury of the building was definitely a stark contrast to what the streets were like, but it was certainly a welcomed change.