Track 25: A Love Bizarre

Muscat, Oman

December 23rd, 1988

~~~

For once, the Crusaders entered a new city in the middle of the day instead of in the dead of night. The refreshing change of pace meant the Stand users could stock up on supplies and sleep in a luxury hotel.

Polnareff whistled, eyeing the architecture of the buildings. "This place sure is fancy."

"Muscat is the capital of the country, like how Delhi was the capital of India," Kakyoin stated his Kak facts. "Most trading between the West and the East is done right here."

"Ay Kakyo, do you know what the capital of Thailand is?" (Y/N) inquired with an innocent tone.

Before the Japanese student had the chance to answer, Jotaro clasped his shoulder with a stern expression aimed at (Y/N). "Don't answer that."

"What, why?" He asked.

The Moon user blew a raspberry at the dark-haired teen. "You're no fun, it wasn't gonna be a hard punch..."

"Listen up you four!" Joseph's booming voice caught their attention. "We made some good time getting here, so while I find us a place to stay you guys split up into pairs and gather some supplies. Just the necessities like preservatives, no souvenir shopping."

"Hold on, Mr. Joe. I think I know a place where we can get in for free." The suspicious staring ceased when she pulled out her SPW badge wallet, "A year back I came here on an official mission and got to stay at the Chedi hotel, I'm sure if you flash this at the reception desk you'll get the rooms for free!"

"I forget that you're an actual SPW agent sometimes... Just what do you do on those missions?" Polnareff wondered.

(Y/N) shrugged, "Y'know, the usual spy shit. Getting intel, catching corrupt politicians, discovering something that doesn't exist, taming tiger sharks, locating the lost city of Atlantis, all that jazz."

"...You made some of those up." The Delinquent remarked, she neither confirmed nor denied that claim.

Joseph cleared his throat. "I'm not quite sure about this, but if you say it'll work, I'll give it a try. Be at the hotel before sundown, and do not travel alone." With that, the old Joestar departed for the Chedi hotel.

"Polnareff, you're with me. You're restocking our cigarette supply." Jotaro regarded Kakyoin while the Frenchman cursed out that dumb deal he agreed to back in Delhi. "We'll get the preserves, you two buy anything else we need."

"Right." The red-haired teen nodded at his friend before they walked off. "It might sound surprising but I've never actually been to Oman before... Care to be the guide, (Y/N)?"

The Moon user chuckled in an arrogant manner. "Just follow me like a faithful little minion, Kakyo, and I'll hit up the best markets to buy goodies from."

"Mr. Joestar said no souvenirs," He reminded. "We're just shopping for medical supplies."

She scoffed at that. "This could be the last chance I get to buy some good shit before we trek through nothing but sand for the next couple of days. I'm going big and going home!"

Kakyoin sighed, letting that incorrect phrase slide. "But do you really want to blow all your money right now?"

"We just spent the past day and a half on a fucking boat, I at least want to get some replacement sunglasses." (Y/N) left no room to argue as she quickly skipped off to the nearest markets, with Kakyoin following out of obligation.