7

"Are you sure you have to go?" Tae was sobbing, and it broke Jin's heart. They decided not to tell the younger about Jungho coming to look for him. They didn't want to worry him.

"I am; it'll be good to start over somewhere fresh. Besides, there's nothing holding you to Daegu once you graduate. You can always follow me to Busan as well."

That seemed to perk him up a bit, "Oh yes, I've always wanted to live near the water." He turned and glared at Yoongi, "Why was I never offered your beach house, huh? I'm just as handsome as my brother, you know."

Yoongi rolled his eyes a bit, "Because I honestly forgot I even owned the damn thing. For all I know it could have been destroyed by a rogue wave."

"You are sending my brother and nephews to a house that might not even be there anymore?" Tae screeched as his hands flew around in the air rapidly.

Yoongi turned to Hobi, a smug grin on his face, "Have fun with Mr. Dramatic over here. We have to go now."

"I am not dramatic," Tae shouted as Yoongi and Jin loaded the boys into their car seats.

"Not dramatic he says as he chases after my car like we are in a fucking k drama," Yoongi scoffed.

"Be nice," Jin scoffed as he smacked Yoongi's arm, "He's my little brother and I adore him."

The drive was nice; the boys slept for most of it, and Jin as well. Yoongi was able to have silence for the first time since all of this started months ago. "Hey, we're here."

Jin flinched a bit and tried to get away from Yoongi's touch. The younger didn't take any offense; it would probably take years before that instinct would go away. "Sorry," Jin mumbled all embarrassed. 

"Don't worry about it; I take no offense at all. We are here by the way, I'm not sure if it's good or bad news but the house is still standing."

Jin looked out the window. The sun was setting over the ocean, and it was beautiful. "Can we take the boys to see the ocean before we go in? I think it would be nice if they could play for a bit."

"Jin," Yoongi whispered softly like he was afraid any loud noise would have the older man running. "They are your boys, and this is your home. You don't need my permission for anything."

"Old habits."

"I know, come on. I bet that Kook will get wet and complain that it's cold and Jimin will get mad that his clothes have sand on them."

Yoongi was right, Jungkook took off right towards the water and then squealed at how cold it was. He dramatically shivered as his teeth chattered together, and Jimin refused to sit down, stating that he didn't want to get his clothes dirty. Jin rolled his eyes as he took his boys inside. "We'll try again tomorrow."

It didn't take long, not even a week, and they were all about building sandcastles and looking for shells. Jin loved to swim, so he'd take Kook out with him while Jimin stayed on the shore with Yoongi under the shade. Life was great; for the first time in longer than he could remember, he was happy. His boys were happy. They were safe, fed, and loved.

"I'm going to look for a job tomorrow."

Yoongi looked up from his phone, "Okay. Any prospects?"

"I was thinking, I used to bar tend, but those hours wouldn't work with the boys. So a cafe would be better. There's a little one just a few minutes walk from here. That cat cafe that Kook saw the other day."

The younger nodded his head, "That could work. What about the boys?"

"Well," Jin sighed, "Jimin starts school in August, so it would just be Kookie. But I'm not sure about him. I want to even see if they are hiring, well, I know they are, according to the sign, but hiring someone like me. I have a lot of baggage."

"You don't have baggage, Seokjin, you are human and doing your best."

Jin smiled, "Well, thank you. So will you watch the boys for me when I go ask for a job? Somehow, I think going in there with two kids will not look good for me."

"Of course, you don't even have to ask. I'm here for whatever you need."

"Oh, so if I really need you to go get me a snowcone because I might die without one, then you'll do it?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes so hard, "Yah, I didn't knock you up so why do I have to go get all of your weird ass food cravings. You should probably have that checked out."

"I'm a man," Jin deadpanned.

"Fine, I'll go get your stupid snowcone. Silver fox?"

"Yup, Kookie, you want banana?" The two-year-old jumped up and started cheering for a banana, and Jimin wanted strawberry.

"Alright, off I go. A slave for three needy babies," he sighed with a small smile on his face. He really didn't mind, he liked driving, and he'd do just about anything to see those two boys smile.

Jin was pacing back and forth, "I can't do this."

"Do what put pants on? Because I got to be honest, pending on their sexuality, they might hire you on the spot if you walked in there in just your underwear."

"Oh my God," Jin groaned as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration, "You aren't helping. They are never going to hire me."

"Well, you won't know until you try, so there's no use in freaking out until you at least try. Freak out after, and if it goes badly, we'll drink some wine after the boys go to bed."

"I hate you," he grumbled as he stumbled into his jeans. "So so much."

"Yeah, yeah, same buddy. Now go."

There was a sign on the door stating that they were hiring. He blew out his breath and shook all his limbs, trying to expel the nervousness; you've got this, Seokjin; do this for your boys. Then he took a deep breath and opened the door. Several cats immediately surrounded him as they demanded his attention. "Hi, you can sit anywhere, and I'll bring you a menu."

He looked up at the lady who spoke; she was standing behind the counter, trying very unsuccessfully to convince a cat to get down. "I'm Seokjin, Jin for short. I saw the sign that you are hiring."

The girl looked up with a big grin on her face, "Yes, we are. My name is Arden, the owner. I had a kid that worked here, but school is starting back up soon, and I really need to find a replacement." She finally got the cat down and motioned for Jin to follow her, "So, tell me a little about yourself."

"Uh," he mumbled, "Like surface stuff, or are we going therapy deep?"

Arden grinned, her fist going under her chin, "Boy, give me ALL the tea, please."

"Well, I have two boys. We ran from my abusive ex, and I want to make a new life here away from him. They aren't my biological children; they are his, and he cheated on me and then brought them home. But I love them; they are mine in all ways but blood. I couldn't leave them with him; he starved all of us, and I want them to be happy. I need a job to support us, and I'm a hard worker; I just need someone to give me a chance to prove that."

She blinked at him several times, "How old are the boys?"

"The youngest, Jungkookie, is two, and Jiminie is four. Want to see their picture?"

"I've never wanted anything more in my entire life," she squealed and snatched Jin's phone as soon as he pulled up their pictures. He frowned a bit, yet another thing he owed Yoongi. "They are the cutest things in the world. Will they have to come with you to work?"

He blushed a bit, "Well, Jimin will be starting school next month, and as soon as I can find daycare for Jungkook, I can start working."

My Golden BoyfriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara