16

The dimples were in full force, "I might be able to help you there," he pulled his wallet out, "I have a friend; he's a vet, his name is Jackson, and he will come to your house if you tell him it's for a golden retriever named Joon." Namjoon chuckled a bit. "He's been trying to get that silly dog adopted for years, so he'll be over the moon to know you are interested."

Jin perked up, "Really? And he'll come to me so I won't have to chase that damn dog around anymore to try and put a collar on him?"

With a soft shake of his head and a little chuckle, "No collar, and yup, he'll come to you. Just give him a call."

"Oh my God, I could kiss you right now," Jin blurted out to his absolute utter embarrassment. His ears went bright red, and he wanted to die right there, but Namjoon was looking at him with the fondest look on his face, and honestly, that might have just made it worse.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't stop you," Namjoon cheeked. He enjoyed watching Jin squirm; it was so enduring.

The elder almost choked on his spit before he frowned a bit; he stood up straight, pretending to clean the already immaculate countertop. "Is there anything I can get you today, sir?"

Joon snorted, "Oh, it's sir today now, is it?" He looked over the menu, "I'll take a muffin and a lemonade to go." He had to call Jackson and warn him before his bestie goes and ruins everything for him because that blabbermouth does NOT know when to shut the hell up. He'll spill all of Joon's secrets in a matter of minutes.

"Yo, what's up, dude? I haven't heard from you in a month. That's not very nice; I'm your bestie, you know."

Eye roll, "Yes, I'm aware. I met my mate." He knew that was about the only thing that was going to shut Jackson up. And it did, it sounded like his best friend was trying to scream but simultaneously choking on his food at the same time. It was actually a little hilarious, as long as he doesn't die. 

"You what," he gasped out.

Joon could hear Jackson's mate Mark murmuring soothing words and patting Jackson's back. "My mate, but he doesn't know he's my mate; pretty sure he doesn't even know what hybrids are. He thinks the pretty golden his boys love so much is a stray. He keeps chasing me around, trying to put a pink collar on me, Jackie."

That got his friend howling so loudly the phone dropped, Mark had to pick it up. "So, a collar and a mate huh?"

"Yeah, well, no collar quite yet. I can't have a pink collar on; he doesn't know that Namjoon and Joon are one and the same."

 He knew that if Mark would have been close enough to hit him, he would have. The cat hybrid was a feisty thing that was fiercely protective of his friends and his mate, but boy, when you made him mad, his cat traits came out in full force. Joon has been on the receiving end of his claws too many times not to be wary. It's why he never asked about their mating, he didn't want to get scratched.

"Tell me about him," Mark hummed as Joon heard Jackie catching his breath as he tried to scramble to get the phone back. There was a bit of a scuffle, making Joon laugh because he knew that Mark was going to win. Even if Jackson won out in strength, Mark would just shift and scratch the shit out of him and then hide and make Jackson freak out for the next few hours because he wouldn't be able to find him.

"He's amazing. He's still married, but before you freak out, his husband is abusive, and he ran from him," he had to get that out because he values his life. Both of them wouldn't hesitate to murder him for breaking up a marriage, mate or not. They might be his friend and love him, but marriage is not to be fucked with.

"Well, that's not good that he had a bad husband, but I'm thankful that he got out of that situation."

"Same, he has two boys, and they are the most precious boys ever. Just wait until you meet them. Jimin is the older one and he is so outgoing and will talk your ear off, apparently, he used to be shy but not anymore. And Little Jungkook is so shy but he has these big doe eyes that just draw you in. You are going to love them."

"Sounds like you already do," Jackson mused as he snatched the phone back from his mate, who was squawking in the background, trying to get it back.

"I do, but he's going to call you and set up an appointment for you to come to his house since he can't catch Joon and put a collar on him. Please don't spill about hybrids; he knows me as me, and I don't want him to know yet."

Jackson was rolling his eyes so hard, but he refrained from saying what he really wanted to say. "This is going to backfire so hard, but whatever. It's a canon event; we must let this happen."

He could hear Mark groaning, "I've apologized a million times, I just wanted treats and cuddles like damn."

"You snuck into my dorm room for six months, dude, six months. We were friends; you could have just told me, and I would have let you in there. You didn't have to pretend to be a fucking stray cat that needed attention."

"Most hybrids do it; you wouldn't understand," Mark grumbled.

Even though he was whispering, Joon could hear him very clearly. Bless his hybrid hearing; he loves it when his friends squabble like this. But it does make him sad that he doesn't have that; he will soon, he knows, or at least he hopes he will. He could see it, days at the beach with the boys. Him carrying the boys while Jin fusses about them needing sunblock and making sure that they eat. 

Nights of them curled up in bed after putting the boys to bed, wrapped up around each other after they've made love. He can't wait for that; he craves it. He wants to wake up early in the mornings and make them breakfast; he wants to have family movie nights and bathe the boys and read them stories. He wants it all, every single moment for the rest of his life, the good and the bad. Because he knows with all of his heart even the bad won't be bad as long as the four of them are together.

He can only hope that his dreams will come true one day. He had to get home; he'd been neglecting his work for a few weeks. He's a freelance editor for history texts; it's dreadfully boring, but he's good at it. His 148 IQ ensures that, but he's been putting it off to spend time with Jin and the pups.

There were at least three manuscripts that he needed to finish, so it was going to be a long night. He probably won't even be able to go to their house tonight, and it's honestly breaking his heart a little. He knows that the boys will be upset if they don't see their Joon. They will probably worry that something happened to him. But he does have responsibilities and bills to pay.

As annoying as it is, he'd much rather just sell his apartment and move in with them. But since Yoongi is back, three grown men and two boys are too much for that small house. So for now, he'll work and hope that tomorrow the boys aren't too upset that their Joon didn't show up to see them. It turns out that was the biggest mistake ever made.