20

Jungho had everything he needed, rat poison for the fucking dog. Because he was not dealing with a God Damn dog and a knife and plastic bags for the bodies, plus duct tape. Then he'd just leave them in the house and take his Jin. He'd wait until Taehyung and Hoseok left and then he'd do it. 

Joon was freaking out, there was a new smell around the house. One that smelled like alcohol and almost an acidic smell. And he didn't like it, it smelled wrong and it set off all the alarm bells in his head. But he didn't know what to do, his animal senses were going off, but his human side wanted to see what it was first. 

Around two in the morning, the night after Tae and Hobi left; there was a noise at the backdoor, and his head snapped up. That smell was back, but there was something else, almost bacon-like but with something else. He jumped out of the boys' bed when he heard the glass break; a low growl left his lips as he made his way into the kitchen. 

It wasn't loud; he didn't think that it woke Jin up, who was usually a light sleeper, but since Joon was here and Yoongi as well. But it didn't matter Joon would protect his family with his life. He promised Jin. "Hey there, I have a little treat for you," the weird-smelling man said as he reached out his hand to toss Joon something.

Rat poison, it was rat poison with bacon wrapped around it, Joon took one sniff and knew immediately he backed away and growled at the man to let him know that he wasn't welcome in his home. The man raised a knife and cackled like a madman, "Welp, I tried to make it easy on you. But either way, you, that sugar daddy of his, and those two brats are dying today. My Jin is coming back home with me, and that's that."

Oh fuck no, that is not happening. There is no way he's letting this man ever touch his mate again. "I'm going to call the police if you don't leave my house right now."

Jungho looked at Yoongi with disgust, "Just because you have money you think you can fuck my husband and play Daddy to my children? Fuck you," he screamed.

Yoongi was calm and collected, "First of all, keep your voice down. Jin's boys are sleeping. Second, I've never even touched Jin like that. I'm his friend. Now I'll say it again, get the fuck out of my house now. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." When Jungho screamed and ran at Yoongi, the younger male sighed out the hard way it is.

Joon was actually worried, Yoongi was much smaller, and he didn't know if he'd actually be able to handle the man. But he was pleasantly surprised; he was doing just fine. That is until Jin came out. "Get out of here, Jungho we are over, we've been over. I never want to see you again."

That is all it took for Jungho to snap; he brought the knife down and stabbed Yoongi in the stomach. Jin screamed out, running towards Yoongi, and Jungho was going to stab him, but Joon couldn't let that, so he did the only thing he could do. He jumped and bit him, now when asked later, he'll fully admit that he didn't mean to bite him so hard or right on his jugular. But he will also admit that he is glad that he did. Because it saved his mate, his pups, and that would be grumpy cat.

"Shit shit shit, Yoongi, you cannot die on me," Jin was practically on the verge of a panic attack.

"Calm down, I'm not dying, but he is, and Joon has blood on his muzzle. Fuck we have to hide him, they will put him down for this. He attacked and killed him."

"He protected us that man is a piece of shit rapist that tried to murder you and us, I don't give a fuck. Joon is getting belly rubs and treats for the rest of his God Damn life for saving us."

Yoongi tried his best to look so done with Jin and his antics, but it wasn't working, not with the amount of pain he was in. "Jin, it won't matter. They will put him down. An animal attacked a human; you have young boys. That's all they will see; they will be in danger. We have to get him out of here. We haven't filed the adoption paperwork yet. Call his vet now. Explain the situation; maybe he'll take pity on us."

A sleepy hello came through the phone, "Jackson," Jin rushed out, "sorry, I know it's late it's an emergency."

Jackson sat up quickly, "is Joon okay?"

"Yes and no, my ex came back. He's abusive; he stabbed my roommate, and Joon bit him. Fairly sure the fucker is dying. But I can't let them put him down; he saved us."

The vet snorted so hard, "I'll be there in five." He turned to his sleepy husband, "Come on, I'm going to need your help with something, hybrid help."

Mark nodded his head as he threw on an oversized shirt and shorts; it wouldn't be the first time he's had to help his husband with things like this. Five minutes later, the two of them walked into a crime scene; thankfully, the cops hadn't shown up yet. "Have you called the cops yet?" Jin shook his head no, "Call them now; tell them your abusive ex broke in and attacked, and a stray dog attacked, and your dog took off after the stray, and you called your friend, who is a Doctor, to come over to help with your friend since I only live a few streets over."

Jin nodded his head to do as he said; Jungho was already dead. Good riddance; the bastard didn't deserve to live. Jackson got Yoongi's bleeding stopped enough that he'd live, and the paramedics could handle the rest. "We have to be quick," he looked at Joon. "The gig is up, dude." Then he looked at his husband, "Can you show them?" He looked at Jin and Yoongi, "Don't freak out; you are about to see something that you probably have no idea about. But it's real, and just don't freak out."

A few seconds later, the pile of clothes dropped on the ground, and then there was a small black cat. Jackson reached down and picked up Mark, "This is my husband Mark; he's a hybrid, cat hybrid. We are actually mates, but that will be explained later." He looked at Joon, "Your turn, dude."

The next moment before Jin's eyes, the man who had the most adorable dimples, the man who had been flirting with him and had been so sweet to his boys, was standing naked in his living room. Yes, he's a bit shameless, and he looked before Yoongi kicked him. Then he squeaked a bit and turned around and threw a blanket at the hybrid, "So the stray wasn't actually a stray?"

"No, well, I guess. I mean, fuck. I didn't mean to lie to you. That day I went to the cafe just like any other day and I smelled you, my mate and I just wanted to be around you. And then I heard your story and met your pups. I just wanted to be around you in any way I could. But you were so determined that you didn't want me. But then you warmed up to me. And then you met the real me and even flirted. I didn't want you to find out this way. I had a plan. I was going to tell you."

"When, after you'd slept in my bed for a year? After you'd flirted with me as a human for months, I'd come home and spill all my secrets to my dog, Joon, or should I call you Namjoon?"