23

"I'm surprised you aren't lecturing me," Jin whispered from the back of the taxi.

Yoongi snorted a bit as he looked out the window, "What's the point, it's not like you listen to me anyway. You'll do whatever you want; we both know this."

The elder deflated a bit in the backseat, his body sliding down the fake leather seats that probably hadn't had a good cleaning in years. "I-I just didn't think that hot dimple guy was," his eyes darted to the driver that was bobbing his head to the music in the front seat, he was clearly distracted, and that's exactly what Jin needed, "My fucking dog."

Yoongi's cat-like eyes turned to his best friend, the man that he quite literally carried out of hell. "Jin, I love you, I've seen you at your worst. I've seen things that no best friend should ever see their best friend do," he had on his smirk trying to lighten the mood a bit. "But it's okay to be happy, yes this is a strange situation. But Namjoon was making you happy, well as happy as you were willing to let him. And I'm sure that if that bastard hadn't shown up when he did, you guys would have progressed more. There would have been dates and feelings, and you would have opened up to him and fallen in love."

So many emotions were running through Jin, and he didn't quite know which one to focus on. "I don't have time to fall in love; I have the boys to think about. They need me."

"That's bullshit, and you know it. I know what he did to you, I know how he groomed you Jin. Namjoon isn't like that; he's your mate. You collared him, you own him, not the other way around. He couldn't hurt you even if he wanted to. Hell, he stayed in his animal form for weeks to make you and your boys happy. Does that sound like that bastard to you?"

Silent tears streamed down Jin's face; he wanted to believe Yoongi so badly. He wanted to ride into the sunset and have the great love that so many people sing about and crave. But did he deserve that? He stole Jimin and Jungkook; they weren't his legally. He went with Jungho of his own free will; he chose..

"Stop it," Yoongi interrupted the rant that was going on inside Jin's head. The thoughts that were beating him up every single day of his life. It was non-stop. It was hard to think you deserved love when your inner voice tells you constantly that you are a terrible person. How could someone else love you when you can't even love yourself? "I know what you are thinking, and you are wrong. So stop."

They pulled up to the house, and before they could even get out, Tae was at the door. "First off, we'll yell about the crazy ex and stabbing later. Who the fuck is that hottie with the dimples because damn."

Hobi smacked the younger, "Can we at least get Yoongi inside before you start the hot dude shit up again? You already gave him the third degree when you showed up and he was holding the boys." 

Tae shrugged like it was no big deal, "what was I supposed to think? Some strange, although super fucking hot guy was holding my precious nephews, I wanted to know who he was."

Exasperated wasn't even enough to express the emotions that were going on with the older three men, but they were used to Tae and all of his dramatics. So they just let him go on and ask his million questions in hushed whispers as they made their way inside.

"How were they?" He directed the question to Jackson; he couldn't look at Namjoon just yet; it was too soon, and he was still too emotionally raw.

"Angels, they loved playing with Mark. They seem to know their way around cats," he mused a bit.

"I work in the cat cafe down the street."

Jackson knew that; he knew everything there was to know about Jin because he'd spent the last several hours grilling Joon about him until the little brother showed up. "Yes, yes, my nephews are perfect. But as I said earlier, I'm here, and clearly, you guys aren't needed, so you can go."

"And as I said earlier, we didn't know who you were, and you couldn't prove that you were related, and you were lucky we even let you into the house. The only reason we did is because there are pictures of you up everywhere, and the kids knew you."

Tae scoffed, but the smile on his face let everyone know that he was secretly pleased by how protective the Doctor was. He turned to his brother, "Are you okay? Your husband died in front of you; I know the man was the literal worst, but still, that couldn't have been easy."

Jin deflated into his little brothers arms and cried, he was bawling like his entire world was crashing down around him because it was. And it was breaking Joon's heart. His mate was distraught, and there was nothing he could do to fix it. So he put both of the boys in their bed, and he got Jackson and Mark out of the house before he shifted and scratched at the backdoor.

Hobi let him in and was surprised to see him, "where have you been? I heard you chased the other dog away, you rascal."

Yoongi snorted a bit and made himself comfortable on the couch, and Joon padded over to where Jin was standing with Tae. He shoved his nose into the man's thigh, "I think someone wants attention. Come on, you need rest and cuddles from your dog."

Jin was glaring at Joon, but the hybrid didn't care. He knew that the elder wouldn't say anything in front of the other two since they didn't know anything. As soon as the door was shut, Jin whipped around and crossed his arms over his chest. "What do you think you are doing?"

It's not like Joon could answer him, so he jumped on the bed and gave him his best puppy dog eyes. "Oh no, we are not doing this. Get down and go somewhere; you are not sleeping in my bed. I know what you are now, mister, and I refuse to be gaslit into another toxic relationship." His chest was heaving, and his eyes were glassy as he tried to hold back tears.

"Is that what you think I'm doing?" Joon whispered as he shifted; he pulled the blanket over his lap to cover up his nakedness, not that he minded; he was quite proud of his body. But this wasn't the time or the place. "Jin, I-I'd never."

"I, I don't know, I don't even really know you."

He groaned softly as he dropped his head into his hands, "I'm sorry, this isn't how I wanted you to find out. I wanted to take this slow. I wanted you to get to know me as me. As the nice man who came into the cafe, that was nice to you and your amazing boys. Not the man that murdered your ex. I ruined everything."

Jin laughed; he didn't mean to; the situation was so fucked up. "I think it was more pretending to be my dog than the murder, if I was being honest. I did tell you to protect my boys, and you held up that end of the deal. But pretending to be my dog for weeks was a little much, if I'm being honest."

Joon flopped back onto the bed, looking at the popcorn ceiling, "it's a canon event that all hybrids must go through," he repeated what Jackson told him. Then he repeated what Mark did to Jackson before they started dating.

"Are serious?"

The hybrid nodded his head quickly, his dimples popping out, making Jin's heart flutter a bit. Get it under control, he mumbled to himself.