11

Jin did his best to ignore the whining dog that was begging for food but he couldn't. He did sleep outside his house, and then he came in and calmed him down after a nightmare. The least he could do was feed the poor thing. "Fine, but this will not become a thing. I swear to God, Joon. I can't become your human."

Joon wanted to roll his eyes so hard; his mate was really funny. The little one kept sneaking him bits of fish and strawberries. It was a weird combo, but he was hungry, and he'd never tell his mates boys no. Plus, hearing Jungkook giggle was everything; he couldn't wait to be around them in his human form. But he knew that would take time, he'd have to gain their trust first and after everything they'd been through it wouldn't be easy. 

But once they were done eating, Jin got the boys cleaned up, and then the four of them set out to the bakery. The boys were excited about getting to see where their Daddy worked and getting to play with kitties. Jungkook squealed as soon as they got inside and wanted to take off, but Jin held his hand. He kneeled down in front of the two-year-old. "Bun, remember they aren't as sturdy as Joonie is. You have to be careful, or you can really hurt the kitties, okay?" Kook nodded his head, but it didn't look like he was really paying attention.

"I'll watch him," Jimin whispered. It was what Joon wanted to say, but he couldn't since he was in his animal form. It was sad; the four-year-old should have been playing and acting his age.

Jin sighed, "You don't have to do that, but I appreciate it, Minnie. Plus, we have Joonie here, and I know he'll protect you two!"

Joon puffed out his chest and huffed out a bark, not wanting to scare the boys, but yes, yes, he'd protect the two pups. They were his pups, after all, since he and Jin were mates and they were his boys. He always wanted pups of his own, but he never thought it would happen this soon. Even more so since he was gay and men can't have kids. But this was perfect, his mate came with two adorable little boys that he already loved.

Jin giggled a bit as he reached out to pet Joon between the ears; if Joon could purr like the cats, he so would because this right here was heaven. "Oh my God, is this them?" Arden screeched very loudly.

"Yes, this is Jimin and Jungkook. Boys, say hi to my boss. This is Arden."

Both of the boys bowed and said hello, and Arden looked like she was going to choke. She was so excited. "I love them," she whispered. "If they weren't spoken for, I'd so keep them."

Jin shrugged, "They need all the love they can get. Plus, they've never had a motherly figure in their life, so I'm sure they'd appreciate it."

The smile that Arden gave them was almost blinding in how big it was; she looked so happy that Jin said that. "I promise to do right by them and you."

He nodded, afraid that if he said anything, he might cry. But he held it in; he got the boys set up with a few of the calmer cats and Joon watching. Then, he and Arden set about their day. It was a slow day which was nice; it was a great start to see how the boys were going to take to being there with him. And because he has the best kids ever, they were the perfect angels.

Joon went into protection mode, he hovered over the boys making sure that the cats didn't so much as even look at the boys wrong let alone scratch them. Kook was lying against his side, and Jimin was sitting down next to him, petting a sweet calico cat. The boys were quiet; even when they were outside running around screaming, they weren't as loud as most children were.

It was like they were trained to be as quiet as possible, and from what he'd heard Jin tell the short, grumpy human, it made sense. He feels for his mate and the things he's been put through. All he's wanted his entire life was to find his mate and love him. But he didn't find him in time, and now his mate had to endure horrible pain, that's something that he'll never be able to forgive himself for. 

He heard the boy's stomach start to growl, but they didn't say anything. He looked at Jin, but the Dad was busy with customers. He licked their cheeks so he could get up and walked over to his mate. He watched Jin; he noticed that even his mate wouldn't eat lunch unless Arden forced him to. They were unusually busy for this time of day. Jin kept glancing at the clock and then the boys as he chewed his lip. He wanted to say something, but Joon knew he wouldn't.

Well, this wouldn't do; he huffed out a bark and looked at Arden before circling around his bowl and looking at her like why aren't you feeding me? "What? You never eat here, crazy. Oh shit, Jin, it's way past your lunchtime, why didn't you tell me?" She started to screech, "Your boys must be starving. I don't care how busy we are; they come first always. Customers be damned," she said in front of like three customers, making all of them snort.

They were all used to her unusual antics by this point. "They'll be okay; we are used to waiting." He looked so embarrassed, and it broke Arden and Joon's hearts.

"Well, no more Jin, not here. Go get them fed; you can eat, too, if you want. I can handle this until you come back; the Lord gave me ADHD for a reason," she grinned, slightly crazed as she ran behind the register like a mini tornado.

Jin was sitting at his table getting the boys fed; of course, that crazy dog was there begging for more food, just like every day. Yes he started packing more food for him. No, he will never admit that to anyone if they ever ask, even if Yoongi has on multiple occasions.

"Daddy, can I feed Joonie too?" Jimin asked as he held out a piece of carrot with his chopsticks. Joon's tail was wagging as he turned his head to look at the little boy. Jin sighed and nodded his head, and Jimin dropped the carrot for Joon to catch, making both boys giggle loudly before Kook declared that he wanted to do it, too. He wasn't as coordinated as Jimin, so most of his pieces landed on the floor.

It wasn't the most hygienic, but Joon just kept telling himself that he was supposed to be a dog and that a dog would most definitely eat food off the floor. So he did. The boys loved it, though; he never quite got enough to eat when he spent time with Jin, but that's okay. It's a sacrifice he'd gladly make a hundred times over.

He'll have to go home here soon and shift so he can spend some time in his human form and shower and eat really fast. It's not good to spend too much time in either form, but especially his animal form. He usually spends more time in his human form than in dog form, but it's okay; he'll make this sacrifice.

Once the boys were fed, they started to fall asleep, and it was the cutest thing ever. Kook's eyes were blinking closed so slowly, and Joon wanted to do nothing more than shift and hold the little guy in his arms while he napped. Jin fussed over them as he got the two of them down for their nap in the office. Arden had a cot back there, just like she said she would. Joon didn't want to leave, but he really needed to eat and shift.