13

They both held their breath waiting to see what the toddler was going to do. And he opened his arms and went right to Joon; his little face went right to Joon's neck and rubbed against his scent gland. If he would have been a hybrid, he would have been seeking comfort in scenting his parent. But even if he wasn't a hybrid, they both seemed to find comfort in the act.

Joon liked having his scent on the toddler, and Kook seemed to like the act of scenting even if he didn't have a scent and was human. "He, what?" Jin sputtered a bit, "He never goes to strangers. He only went with Yoongi because Jimin was there, and I was in the hospital."

"Well, he's seen Jimin talking to me this entire time, and you are right here. Maybe he feels comfortable and safe right now to go to me. We'll be right over there, okay?"

Jin couldn't even say anything; he just nodded his head softly and stared at them a little dumbly before turning his attention back to the customer. "Kookie, Namjoonie here knows our Joon."

Kook turned his big doe eyes towards him, "You do?"

The hybrid nodded his head quickly as he got comfortable on the pillow that he had been sitting on earlier. He shuffled around to get Kook on his lap, and Jimin made himself comfortable right next to him. "He comes to my place all the time, he even sleeps on my couch sometimes." It wasn't a lie, they didn't need to know that he was the golden they were speaking of and since he does actually sleep on that couch in his animal form, then he is in fact telling the truth.

"Wow," Jungkook whispered.

"He's a very sweet dog."

"He's the best; I wish Daddy would let us keep him," Jimin looked sad for a second.

Joon cocked his head to the side, "You can't?"

Jimin shook his head back and forth quickly, "Daddy is scared that that man will find us. If we had Joon, he could protect us. But Daddy is scared that we can't afford Joon if he got sick. I heard him talking to Yoongi about money and a vetrenumin."

Joon chuckled a bit, "A veterinarian, you mean?"

A quick nod from the little one, "Daddy doesn't want Joon to get sick. We don't have much, that mean man made us hungry a lot. But Daddy gives us so much food now and Yoongi bought us new clothes and toys. We even have a pretty house with no broken things and no more loud, scary noises."

Joon heard him suck in his breath, and he turned around and saw tears in his eyes, "Jin, it's okay. I don't know what's going on, but it's okay."

"Jimin, Kook, hey, it's time to go home. And hey, maybe Joon is at home waiting on us." Joon knew it was going to be hard, hearing your child talk about what you went through from their perspective with a total stranger.

"Bye, Namjoon; if you see Joon, tell him to come home. He's supposed to sleep with me tonight!"

Joon chuckled a bit and nodded his head, "I will, it was nice meeting you three and I'm sure I'll see you all again." He had to shift quickly and get to their house before they got there.

Jin's heart was breaking. He heard every single word that Jimin was saying, yes everything he said was true. But that didn't make it any easier to hear. "What do you guys want to eat for dinner tonight?"

They gave their opinions as they walked; it was slow, but Jin didn't mind. He was used to walking with them. When he lived with Jungho, they walked everywhere or took the bus if it was too far for their little legs. So, the few blocks they had to walk to get home was nothing compared to that. Jimin was rattling on a mile a minute, he had come out of his shell so much since they'd left that horrible home with that terrible man, and it made Jin so happy. 

His biggest fear is Jungho finding them and taking the boys from him. He wouldn't survive without his boys, and he knows that Jungho wouldn't take care of them either, so they wouldn't survive without Jin. So he'd go back, only to end up back in the cycle of abuse he was in. And that would kill him. His only hope is that they are far enough away in Busan that he never finds them. "Daddy," Jungkook screamed as he tried to wiggle to get down.

Jin was lost in his head and didn't even know what was going on until Jimin screamed Joon and took off running towards their front yard. There, sitting on their front porch, was the golden. It honestly looked like the dog was smiling. He was wagging his tail and looked so happy to see the boys. Jin put Kook down, and the three of them started to play, making Jin tear up even more. He couldn't separate them; even if he hated dogs, Joon made the boys so so happy. He'd have to talk to Yoongi about it. While he couldn't afford to have a dog right now, Yoongi would help if something came up.

"Boys I'm going to go make dinner, did you want to stay out here with Joon for a bit and play?" He knew that they would, but he still wanted to ask just to make sure. When they both screamed out a yes, he looked at the dog, "Watch them, okay?" Of course, the dog couldn't answer, but Jin would swear on his life it was like that dog could actually understand him. Jin knew that the boys wouldn't stray out of the yard.

And he could see them from the big window in the kitchen. Joon never even let them get very far from him; if they were more than a few feet away, he'd bark and herd them back closer to him. It was cute, really, and it had Jin smiling a lot more than he expected to. "I'm going to have to buy him some damn dog food," he grumbled before he remembered that Arden said he wouldn't eat any of the dog food she tried feeding him.

Joon begged for food, and Jin begrudgingly fed him, and the boys happily shared as well. He followed Jin into the bathroom while he bathed the boys and then into their room when he was getting them settled into bed. He didn't hesitate to jump into the bed when Jimin asked, and he laid his head across their stomachs and closed his eyes with their little fingers running through his fur.

"I think I'm going to keep him," he whispered into the phone.

Yoongi chuckled; he knew this was going to happen. Jin was a sucker for anything his boys wanted. "Yeah, well, I must admit, you held out a bit longer than I thought you would."

"Shut it," Jin whined, only to look at his door. He heard some movement. "Hold on, I think one of the boys is awake. He went to get up, only for Joon to push his way into the room and jump on the bed. Jin huffed, "Never mind, it's just Joon." He looked at the golden as the dog made his way over to him and laid down practically on top of him. "Geez, you are heavy. You aren't a lap dog, you know? And aren't you supposed to be sleeping with Jimin?"

"He can't understand you; you do know that, right?"

Jin rolled his eyes even though Yoongi couldn't see, "I feel like he can. He's a very smart dog. Whatever, he can stay until we get off the phone, and then he's going back to the boy's room."

Yoongi snorted, "Don't want to traumatize the pup with your nighttime routine?"

The elder blushed a bit, "Look, I'm an adult male; I'm allowed to do that stuff."

"No judgment from me. Just wish I would have known that's what you were doing before I walked in on you. Like some warning would have been nice."