15

"Happiness looks good on you; you should laugh more."

Jin blushed bright red, this man, he thought to himself. Is he flirting with me? "I'm married, you know?" He cheeked to the younger man who was holding his youngest son in his lap and doing a puzzle with his oldest.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulder a bit, "And if you were happily married, I wouldn't flirt. But since he's an ass and can't appreciate the Greek God that was before him, I shall try." The elder's jaw dropped open; he did not. He tried to say something back, but all he could do was sputter a bit. Joon reached over and pushed Jin's mouth closed, "I said what I said."

His mouth snapped shut before he said something incredibly stupid and embarrassing in front of Namjoon. That man was too fine for his own good but he couldn't go there, the last time he let a man charm him he ended up married with two kids and abused. "Boys, you ready to go home, I have a surprise for you?"

They both perked up, and it made Joon curious; what surprise could it be? It's not like he wouldn't find out, he'd be at their front step before they even got home as their loyal dog so he'd find out soon enough. But he was nosey, and he wanted to know now. He was going to ask, but it wasn't his place. So he let his mate and pups go, and he shifted quickly and ran to what was quickly becoming his home more than his apartment even was.

He wanted to snort when he realized the surprise was Yoongi, the small man was waiting on the front porch when Joon walked up. The man smiled and reached out, "I missed you, was Jin nice to you while I was gone? He talked about you a lot, you know? I think I might have him convinced to actually adopt you if you want that?"

Joon was wagging his tail, not that he actually wanted to be adopted, he wanted to be married to his mate. But to be accepted by his mate was a massive step in the right direction. He heard a snort, "I told you we couldn't afford it. What if he gets sick?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "And I told you that Arden said he's never been sick the entire time she's known him and that I'd help. We can adopt him together, and I'd never let you take on that financial burden alone. I love this guy, he's too sweet and think about the boys," Yoongi whined making Joon bark and spin in a circle as he played with the boys who were oblivious to the two adults arguing.  

Jin was biting his lip softly, he wanted to, he wanted to so fucking badly. He'd grown so fond of the furry thing over the past week that Yoongi had been gone, and he'd basically moved in without permission. Hell, he'd slept in their house every single night so far, "I don't know," he sighed.

"Jin you let him sleep in the bed with you and the boys; he's your dog regardless of what you say. Might as well get him a collar and call it a fucking day."

"Fine," Jin threw his hands up in the air, "I'll get him a collar, a bright pink glittery one." He grumbled.

Joon almost face-planted; there was no way he was going to let Jin put a pink collar on him. There's a reason that he hasn't let anyone adopt him: once a human collars you, you can't take it off in any form. Only they can, and while he's confident in his masculinity, if he walks around in a hot pink collar that matches the dog, Jin is going to notice. Shit, he didn't really think this one through. What the fuck is he going to do?

He was having a mild panic attack, but the boys were so happy that Joon was about to be theirs that he didn't have the heart to be mad. But he couldn't let Jin collar him, not with him seeing him every single day as a human. What the fuck was he going to do? But he couldn't focus on that right now because his littlest human was throwing his ball and wanted to play chase with him, so he had to focus.

Arden giggled as Jin walked into the cafe with a frown on his face, "Today wasn't any better?"

Jin huffed as he practically threw his lunchbox into the fridge, "No, as soon as I bring the collar out, he takes off and starts the most epic game of chase I've ever seen in my life. He'll take off running like he's Usain Bolt, and I won't see him again until the morning. How his ass gets back into the house and into the boy's bed, I still haven't figured out. But he does."

She giggled even more, and Jin wanted to murder her; it's been over a week that he's tried putting a collar on that damn dog so he could take him to the fucking vet and make this official. But it wasn't working and he didn't understand it, the damn dog has made it clear that he wants to be theirs so why does he run at the sight of a fucking collar?

"Keep trying; maybe he just doesn't like pink. He is a boy."

"They are colorblind," Jin deadpanned.

Arden rolled her eyes so hard, "They can see blue and yellow more than any other color. Maybe try one of those?"

So that's what he did, only for that damn dog to do the same, and Jin was at his wit's end, he didn't know what to do. The only way Joon would even come near him was if he didn't have the collar in his hand. And honestly, it made Jin sad; he missed the damn dog, not that he'd ever admit that one out loud.

"Why are you pouting?"

Jin whipped his head up, and Namjoon was standing there. He hadn't seen him in about a week, or maybe he had, and he'd been so distraught over the entire Joon situation, and he just hadn't been paying attention. He's a terrible person. Namjoon could easily be a great new friend, and he hasn't even tried. "My dog hates me," the elder whined, making the younger chuckle.

"Oh, he does, does he? I thought he wasn't your dog; last I heard, you didn't want him because of the vet bills or something?"

With a very loud sigh, Jin plopped down on the stool, his chin in his hand as the other one ran through his hair. "I, my friend Yoongi that I mentioned?" He waited for Namjoon to acknowledge him before he continued, "He said that he wouldn't abandon us and that if we needed help with Joon, he'd be there. I, I always knew that. Yoongi is a really great guy, but hearing him say it out loud and seeing how happy he makes the boys was the push I needed."

"But he hates you?" Joon asked with a soft smirk on his face. He knew exactly why Jin was being all pouty since the older man had been chasing him around the neighborhood for the better part of the week, screaming about how he just wanted Joon to love him and needed him to wear the fucking collar he bought him, any of them. It's amusing, really, and if it wouldn't get him caught, he would have for sure done it by now. But he can't get caught, not yet.

"I've bought like four collars, and he runs every time he sees them. I need to take him to the vet, but I can't because I need to put a collar on him to take him. Namjoon," he whined, "I don't know what to do."