17

Joon could hear the crying before he even got to the house. He scratched the door, and he heard a gasp, and then Yoongi threw the door open, "Finally, get in there. They've been crying all damn night thinking you ran away. Silly damn dog, I swear."

As soon as he got into the living room, he could smell the distress; Jin's rose scent was wilted almost to the point where Joon was choking. And the boys, it was just as bad. They were in his arms, and their eyes were bright red, and their cheeks were puffy from crying all night. Jimin's head whipped up and his eyes locked with Joon's, he launched out of Jin's lap and rushed towards Joon.

His small arms wrapped around Joon's neck and squeezed the life out of him as he sobbed into his neck. Joon didn't know what to do, he laid his head down on the little one's shoulder and wrapped his arm around him as best as he could in his animal form. He heard his mate choke up a bit, "Is he hugging him?" Yoongi asked, "That's the cutest shit I've ever seen in my life."

Jungkook wiggled a bit, and then Joon had another little one clinging onto him for dear life. But he didn't mind; he was the reason they were upset. "Missed you, missed you, missed you," Jimin kept repeating over and over and over.

Jin was crying, practically sobbing into Yoongi's shoulder, and the two boys were sobbing into Joon's fur. He didn't know what else to do other than to lick their tears away, trying to make them giggle. He wanted them to be happy, to smile, to feel loved because they were. So so much, he loved his family with his entire being and it hadn't even been that long.

 He knew he'd do anything for them at that moment. Jin sighed as he pulled away from Yoongi, "I feel like such a bad Dad, they are so broken that a stray dog not coming over for one night broke them."

All you could hear was the boy's quiet sniffles and the sound of Yoongi rubbing his large hand up and down Jin's back. "He's not a stray, though; he's their dog, and they love him. Even you were frantic all night, don't act like you weren't. You walked around the entire neighborhood calling his name for hours, swearing you wouldn't put a collar on him if he'd just come home, and you'd let him eat all your food and sleep in your bed all he wanted."

Joon perked his head up at that because that was all of his most favorite things that Jin argued over. "I most certainly did not do or say any of that," Jin scoffed, but based on how red his ears were getting, he really must have said and done exactly that.

"Isn't the vet coming today?" Yoongi was trying to distract Jin; it was clear to all the adults. And it worked.

"Oh shit," Jin jumped up and ran over to Joon; he started to fuss over the dog, "Do you think he's okay? He stayed out all night; what if he got hurt?"

Yoongi stood up and stretched a bit, reminding Joon a lot of hybrid cats. If he couldn't smell the fact that Yoongi was 100% human, he'd think he was a cat hybrid. He behaves so much like a cat it's not even funny. "I guess it's a good thing that the vet is coming then, huh?"

Jin was in a mild panic, and once he got going, nothing and no one could stop him. "Yoongi," he whined very loudly, "He was outside all night; my poor puppy is probably half-starved and cold."

A very loud snort filled the room, "It's the summer, and he's been a stray for years. But do go on; this is highly entertaining."

Joon was enjoying this so much, his mate was fussing over him. Touching all over his body to make sure that he wasn't injured. His scent was being left on Jin, and Jin's was being left on himself. Even though Jin didn't know he was doing it, it still sent little sparks throughout Joon's body. His mate was scenting him; subconsciously or not, his mate was still doing it.

He had to get him to stop before he shifted and ruined this entire thing, so Joon did the only thing he could think of. He barked and then licked Jin's face. The look that Jin gave him was a mixture of disgust and shock. It was adorable, and it made the other three in the room burst out into giggles, which made Jin giggle and start to chase them around the room. So naturally, Joon had to join in on the chase.

He joined them for breakfast, and true to Jin's words, he fed Joon lots of his breakfast, and he didn't even complain like he usually did. Joon would just lay his head on Jin's thigh and look at him with his big brown eyes, and Jin would cave and give him a bite of whatever he was eating with none of his usual remarks. 

It was a little after lunch when the chaos that is Jackson Wang showed up in all his obnoxious glory. He waltzed into the house like he owned the place, and Joon wasn't even surprised. "Is that who I think it is?" Jackson cooed, "Did someone finally tame the untameable Joonie?"

"Joonie?" Jimin asked, his little head cocked to the side, "That's so cute, can I call him Joonie? Please, Daddy!" He was jumping up and down and clapping, and it was making Joon want to coo from how adorable it was. Jin was smiling and biting his bottom lip, trying to avoid smiling too much.

"Of course, you can, Jiminie, but let Dr. Wang check out Joonie, okay? We want to ensure he's healthy so he can stay with us for a really long time, okay?"

Jimin nodded his little head and sat down next to Joon very quietly. It was adorable to see. Jackson knew that Joon was healthy, but he still went through all the motions. But what really made Joon love his friend even more was that he included the boys in all of it. He let them listen to Joon's heartbeat, and he showed them different parts of his body, like how his tail curls over, and when it wags, that means that he's super happy.

Jackson laughed at how excited Jimin was. "He wags his tail all the time. Does that mean we make him super happy?"

"Yes, it does; you make him the happiest doggo on the planet, I'd bet."

Jimin smiled so big that his eyes disappeared, and it was Joon's favorite smile in the world. He had to give him a big kiss, but since he was in his animal form, it was a big wet lick across his face, which made him and his little brother giggle. "Gonna have to bathe you two extra good tonight," Yoongi chuckled.

With a loud clap, Jackson stood up. "Welp Joonie is super healthy, and it looks like he's even gained some weight. Maybe lay off the human food and get him to eat some dog food?" Mother fucker, he was going to bite him so hard.

"I've tried," Jin groaned. "He won't even try to eat it; he's as bad about that as he is about wearing a collar."

Jackson grinned and pulled out a silver chain, "Here, put this one on him. I bet he'll wear this collar."

Joon's eyes narrowed a bit; it looked like it could be a necklace. Something that could easily pass as one in his human form, still fucking Jackson always meddling in his shit. But that's what best friends are for. He didn't exactly want to wear it, but he could. He knew that he would the second he saw Jin's eyes light up, though. "Do you think he'd actually wear this one? He hated all the others."

"Oh, for sure, Joonie has style, that's all."