1

Glass shattered, and it made Jin flinch, "Bubs, I need you to take Bun and go to the closet. You know what to do, right? Can you be a brave boy for Daddy and protect your little brother?"

Jimin looked at his Dad, tears filling his eyes. He was only four, but he knew he had to protect Kookie; Kook was only two and didn't understand that when that man came home smelling bad, they had to be very quiet and hide. "Yes, Daddy," he nodded as he gathered his little brother up and pushed him toward the closet. They always hid in the back under the clothes and behind all the sports gear.

Jungkook had his own room, but he was always scared to sleep in there. He'd come to Jimin's room every night, so their Daddy just started letting them sleep there. That's when Jungkook's room became what that man called storage. There was so much stuff in there that he wouldn't ever go in there when he smelled funny. They'd be safe in there. They were quiet as they made their way from Jimin's room to Jungkook's; their Daddy nodded and whispered that he loved them and reminded them not to come out until he called for them.

Then he left. Jimin got them hidden in the back of the closet, and he held Kook as tight as he could against his small chest. They could hear lots of yelling and their Daddy crying out in pain. "He mean," Kook whispered as his little body shook in fear.

"I know," Jimin whispered back. There wasn't more he could really say; that man was always so mean to them. But once the yelling stopped, their Daddy would come. He'd have funny colors on his face, and he'd make scary sounds when he moved. But he'd hold them and tell them how much he loved them.

Jin had his arms covering his head to make sure he didn't walk away with yet another concussion. But that left his ribs vulnerable; he had his knees drawn up, but it wasn't enough. He'd have bruised ribs tomorrow, that's for sure. "Fucking whore, where is he?"

"Who?" Jin cried out after he got kicked again.

"That man you let come into our home and fuck you, that's who."

He cried out again as the hair at the back of his head was grabbed, and he was kneed in the face. "I, I've never cheated on you."

"That's rich," Jungho sneered. "You won't sleep with me, so you must be getting it somewhere."

Jin whimpered; he didn't sleep with his husband because the man would stick his dick in anything that moves. It was rich that he was being accused of cheating when they had two children. Jin was a man; he certainly couldn't get pregnant, but it didn't matter that those two boys weren't biologically his. He loved them with his entire being, and he'd do anything to protect them. 

"Well, that changes today." He pushed Jin onto the couch and ripped his pants off. It didn't matter how much Jin begged him not to do this; he went in with no prep and no lube. Jin wanted to scream out, but he wouldn't. One because he knew that Jungho would love that and two because he didn't want to worry his babies.

It was what felt like hours later when Jungho was finally done with him; his entire body hurt. He limped to the bathroom and locked the door. Not that it would stop him if he wanted in there for round three, but Jin was fairly sure he heard the front door slam closed. It was early; the bars were still open. He wasn't even sure why he came home before they closed anyway. 

He had plans tonight; he had managed to save up enough money that he was going to take the boys to see a movie at the movie theater. He was even going to buy them snacks; he's just thankful that he didn't tell them. He hated disappointing them; they were his entire world. He'll never forget the day a little over four years ago when Jungho came home and basically threw a bundled-up blanket at him. 

Inside was a tiny baby; he looked premature, but when he blinked his eyes open, Jin was in love and swore he'd do anything to protect him. "Hello there, little Jimin, I'm your Daddy." Jimin was a perfect baby; he hardly ever cried, and he was more than content to be held by his Daddy. Right before Jimin turned two, Jungho came home with another baby. And that's when Jin's heart grew even bigger. He now had Jimin and little Jungkook.

He washed himself as much as he could, and then he got dressed. He had to get the boys out of the closet, but first, he had to make sure that bastard actually left. He wouldn't put them at risk, ever. "Come on, Minnie and Kookie, Daddy is ready for you two."

There was some shuffling in the closet, and then the door creaked open slowly; all Jin could see was Jimin's little eyes checking to ensure the coast was clear. "Daddy," he whispered as he ran and crashed into Jin.

Jin bit his lip to prevent himself from crying out in pain because while Jimin launched himself quickly, Jungkook took a bit longer. He's the more wary of the two, but once he realizes it's safe, he'll do the same. So he held both of them and rocked them back and forth. "I was thinking we could make a fort and watch a movie. How does that sound?"

"Can we have ice cream?"

Jimin never ever asks for anything, and since they weren't going to the movies now, he's fairly sure he could pull that off. "Sure, but we'll have to walk to the store. Are you two up for that?"

He was praying that would deter them, but the prospect of getting ice cream was too much fun. They both clapped and nodded their heads, "Please Daddy."

It would be painful, but he'd do absolutely anything for them. So he gritted his teeth, and they walked the mile to the store, all bundled up in their winter gear.

The boys fell asleep during the second movie, and Jin picked them up, even if it hurt. He carried them to Jimin's room, getting them tucked in before kissing their foreheads and wishing them the sweetest dreams and the best night.

He needed to clean up the mess Jungho made. There was shattered glass and broken furniture everywhere. He wouldn't leave it because that would hurt his babies. Jungho would beat him even more if he came home, and it was still messy, but that was in the back of his mind. His main concern was for his boys.

Once everything was cleaned up, he looked at the clock. He still had a few hours before that bastard would stumble home. If he even came home at all. He might be able to get a few hours of sleep before he gets woken up.

Life was the same; he'd get rudely awoken out of his sleep by Jungho yelling at him. He'd stumble out of the room and fall asleep on the couch. He'd wake up the boys around seven and feed them. They'd eat, get cleaned up, and then go outside to play for a bit. Jin wanted them to have as normal of a life as they could. Jungho would leave to go to work around 9, and they'd be safe until he came home that night.

He wanted to call his little brother; it had been too long since he heard his voice. But calling him was risky. Jin didn't have a cell phone, only the house phone, and Jungho religiously checked it. Tae wouldn't call him, just in case Jungho was there; he wouldn't risk Jin getting hurt. But Jin was desperate; he needed his little brother.