Chapter 20

Mason greeted Grayson with a friendly smile, but there was an underlying tension in his gaze.

"Well, if it isn't Grayson Hawthorne," Mason said, his voice carrying a hint of curiosity mixed with something more sinister. "I was wondering when you'd get to my party. Got something to hide?" He chuckled, his tone laced with insinuation.

Grayson met Mason's gaze, his jaw tightening with a sense of annoyance. "I had urgent matters to attend to, Mason," Grayson replied, his voice firm and composed as he adjusted his cuffs.

Mason's eyes narrowed, attempting to mask a hint of unease. "Perhaps with a girl?" he retorted, a trace of insecurity flickering behind his confident facade.

Did he see me leave with Alison? Grayson's eyes locked onto Mason's, piercing through the facade, holding a hidden intensity. He could sense a veiled threat, a silent warning lurking beneath the surface. Unwavering, Grayson met Mason's gaze. "Perhaps," he retorted, his voice devoid of fear or hesitation.

Mason's smile widened, a touch of arrogance creeping into his demeanour. For a moment, the two of them stood locked in a silent battle of wills, their eyes engaged in a wordless standoff.

Mason's brown eyes bore into Grayson's, smouldering embers flickering with arrogance and malice. They exuded a dangerous understanding of power, tainted by ambition and manipulation. However, in comparison, Grayson's silver grey eyes radiated an even greater sense of danger.

Like liquid mercury, his eyes shimmered with an otherworldly intensity, cutting through the depths of one's soul. Each glance commanded authority and power, capable of dissecting reality with precision. His eyes seemed to hold secrets, locked away behind their cold exterior, hinting at depths of wisdom and experience that few could comprehend.

Unlike Mason's detached gaze, Grayson's silver eyes blazed with an inner fire, reflecting a storm of conflicting emotions. They revealed a man of unwavering determination and vulnerability, like a predator lurking beneath a calm surface, ready to strike with calculated ferocity. Their scrutiny was weighty, leaving an indelible impression on all who dared to meet them.

Mason's confident facade faltered, and he wisely chose not to push the matter further. Instead, he plastered on a fake smile and extended his hand. "Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening, Grayson," he said through gritted teeth.

Grayson nodded curtly, acknowledging the gesture without returning the handshake. "Likewise, Mason," he replied, his tone laden with a hint of warning.

With a final nod, Grayson turned away, leaving Mason standing there, his mask of charm slowly fading. As he walked away, Grayson couldn't shake off the feeling that this encounter was far from over. There was more to Mason Valentine than met the eye, and Grayson was determined to uncover the truth, no matter the cost.But for now, he had another important task at hand.