Chapter 2

Harvard University had little to offer Grayson Hawthorne. He had exceeded all of the teachers' expectations and accomplished more than he ever thought possible in under a week. Yet, he decided to continue his studies there, perhaps as a distraction from... things.

Grayson arrived at his IT class; his appearance impeccable as usual. His light blond tousled hair fell perfectly into place, framing his chiseled jawline and highlighting his strong cheekbones. His grey piercing eyes were like two steel daggers, able to cut through anything and read people's intentions with ease. He stood tall and proud, with broad shoulders that seemed to stretch out his designer suit to perfection.

As Grayson walked to his seat, he noticed the hushed whispers of excitement from a group of girls nearby, but he was used to this kind of attention, even though it made him uncomfortable at times.

The only reason Grayson was attending IT classes was that he had a bet with his youngest brother, Alexander. Xander somehow found out that Grayson was leaving and met him before his departure.

"Are you going to leave without saying goodbye?" Xander's voice was playful but hinting at frustration.

Grayson turned towards his youngest brother. "Goodbye Xander."

Xander grinned, clearly pleased with himself. "I propose a bet," his eyes lit up with a mischievous glint, just like Jameson's.  "If you stay and take IT classes, I'll give you something you've been wanting for a long time."  Grayson knew better than to question Xander's unpredictable bets.

Curious, Grayson asked, "And what would that be?"

Xander leaned in and whispered in Grayson's ear. Grayson raised an eyebrow and asked, "How did you even get your hands on that?" His voice was low and stern.

"I have my ways," Xander replied, grinning.

Grayson stared down his brother and asked, "And if I don't?"

Xander shrugged confidently. "Who has ever heard of a Hawthorne rejecting a challenge?"