wild side

This way, Kitten!" Mary held Sadie's hand as they made their way toward the stage in the busy venue. His fingers were weaved between hers and he held her tight as he pulled her along.

A female voice called out. "There's Mary and his baby doll! Hi Mary, hi baby doll! You here to party?"

Bitch Boots is here! Oh and there's her pal, Other Bitch Boots! Sadie recognised the girls from Mary's gig after Christmas. They were wearing the same PVC pants and knee-high boots as last time.

"Ladies," Mary acknowledged them. "This is Sadie. Sadie, this is Tinah and Ninah." They were both chewing gum.

Why are they always chewing gum? Classy girls. Sadie smiled politely. "Hey, you guys! Nice to see you again!"

"Pleasure!" Tinah blew a big pink bubble and it popped. She winked at Mary. "See you later, honey!"

Oh, you're a piece of work! Sadie got annoyed, feeling intimidated again. I must ask Mary how he actually knows them...

"Enjoy the gig!" Mary didn't seem to notice the tension and carried on weaving his way through the crowd. He finally settled on a spot when he found his bass player and drummer with their girlfriends. They were standing really close to the stage.

"Hi, Sadie!" They greeted her warmly and she felt welcomed into the group.

"Hey!" but before she could continue, Mary's friend Thomas walked out onstage to a loud roar.

Sadie could only stare at the striking man before her. Thomas was slim and a couple of inches taller than Mary. He played a red Valenti Callisto electric guitar with a beautiful, wide, dark red leather strap. His outfit was a fashionable dark grey denim shirt with frayed details, a lightweight green scarf that was tucked into the shirt, dark grey skinny jeans, and Italian dress shoes. He sported a slicked-down jet black mohawk although the shorter layer of his hair was not shaved tight. His eyes were lined with black eyeshadow and tattoos creeped out under the scarf on his neck. Sadie could see that his hands and fingers were also covered in permanent ink. He seemed a little older than Mary and exuded phenomenal confidence onstage: he was clearly a seasoned rocker and performer.

His band consisted of a drummer, bass player, and another electric guitar player who, interestingly to Sadie, happened to also be a young woman. She had long blonde hair that was poker straight and smokey-eyed makeup. She was very pretty and she wore a daring black, low-cut V-neck string top with black lace trim and a pair of tight black jeans. Her body was beautiful and her milky white chest was adorned with an inverted cross that was similar to Mary's. She played fluidly and confidently, and her eyes rarely left Thomas. She seemed to be looking at him adoringly while she was playing her heart out. Sadie was fascinated by her and she noticed that Thomas looked back at her often and grinned with a cheeky and boyish grin. He obviously likes what he sees! Sure what man wouldn't?!

His guitarist played most of the rhythm parts which enabled Thomas to gesture with his hands a lot as he sang verses. He was very charismatic with the microphone. His voice was deep, rich, and melodic: he didn't sound anything like Mary. Infact, the way he held himself was very akin to David Bowie while his vocal was reminiscent of Billy Idol. Sadie found herself dancing to his original songs in no time: she liked his rock and roll style and his songs were very catchy and memorable.

With his striking appearance, deep voice, talented guitar skills, and likable songs, Sadie found herself in agreement with Mary: Thomas was quite fascinating. He was very handsome and Sadie could see why Mary liked him: his onstage banter was witty and entertaining, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

A couple of professional photographers pushed up to the stage and snapped some shots of the Gothenburg rocker. He posed with his guitarist who also playing up to the cameras. The two certainly seemed to be having fun and song after song, the band became more and more energetic. They were tight and Sadie could tell that they all loved playing music together, especially with Thomas as their band leader. This was a very happy gig, full of the joy of life.