A whole lotta baggage

I'm sorry!" Sadie sobbed, taking a breath to calm herself down.

"Sssssh, ssh-ssh-ssh" Mary hushed her before kissing her forehead. "You're okay!"

"I just... ugh! Had a nightmare!"

"I know, Kitten, I know. It was just a dream..." He stroked her shoulder tenderly, drawing circles into her skin. "Hang on." He leaned toward his bedside drawer, stretched and grabbed a tissue from the box on top of it. He dabbed her eyes softly.

"Thanks! Wait... is that from the naughty box?" she giggled as she took it from him and sniffed.

"Tissues are not just for after sex!" he chuckled, feeling relieved that she was calm again.

"Ugh!" she laughed and flopped onto her back. She glanced at him leaning on his left elbow, staring at her intensely. He was completely naked, as was she, and he looked to die for. The tiny silver inverted cross he always wore glinted on his upper chest. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"You wanna tell me what all that was about?"

"Um..."

"I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to... but I don't want my Kitten hurting over something I might be able to fix." His big green eyes were soft and he was concerned about his girlfriend.

"No..." she sighed again. "You can't fix this... You see, I dreamed I was at home, in my parents house."

"Okay..." He couldn't take his eyes off her.

"And I was supposed to be playing drums at a gig. Everyone was depending on me. I had everything set up but I was missing my snare drum! In my dream, I thought I somehow forgot it, so I went home to get another."

Mary watched her as she stared at the ceiling.

"And then, I was in my father's garage looking for a drum. I knew there were more, even if I couldn't find mine. He plays as well you see!" she explained. "He was in the garage and I saw my snare bag. I said that's my snare, I need it for tonight! He laughed at me and said that I couldn't have it. I got angry and my sister walked in, staring at us. My father and I had a blazing row infront of her."

"I heard you say that someone never loved you" Mary said softly. "Was that to your father?"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"You were talking in your sleep. You do that sometimes, Kitten."

"I do?" She looked at him in horror.

"Yeah! Most of the time it's adorable! I've heard you mention cardamom buns and you often talk about spiders! Do you not remember any of this?" His eyes flashed naughtily.

"No! I do not!" she squealed.

"Yes, you do. I know you've a fear of spiders because you've often told me to take the supposed spider out of the corner of the room and throw him out!"

"No!"

"Yes! I actually thought you remembered all this! Clearly then you were sleep talking!"

"I used to sleep walk when I was a child..." Sadie looked at him full of worry. "Oh Mare, please tell me I haven't sleep walked infront of you!"

"I thought you were getting your steps in!"

Sadie looked mortified.

"Ah, I'm only joking!" He burst out laughing. "No, you haven't sleep walked yet. But you do talk a lot in your sleep. Come on, what happened next?"

"Pig!" she squeaked and turned back to face him. "Well, we were having it out. I yelled at him, telling him that I knew he never loved me because I was the mistake child. The accident! And I yelled at my sister for being a daddy's girl. He was holding my snare bag from me and I was fighting him for it!