Faith Imagine - Five by Five

Start from the beginning

She lets out a dark chuckle, "True, true." She straddles me again and I hear the bloodied shard clatter to the floor. "I just don't think he'd be as fun."

"Too uptight." I nod. 

"Too British."

We both pause. A glimpse of the friendship we once had - the banter, the jokes, the trust. Oh, who am I kidding? A friendship? I loved her.  

We're frozen in time, stunned. Her hands on my shoulders, my back against the chair, the restraints around my ankles and wrists. Except, I can't feel any of that. I'm numb and dumb and I need her to hit me again, say something, do something. 

"I'm sorry, Faith," I blurt out, and let the rest roll of my tongue frantically before she can stop me, "I did you so dirty and I miss you. I do. I should have been there for you and I fucked it up. I can't go back, change it, I know, but I-"

"Shut up." She gets off me, and picks up the glass again.

"I deserve this, Faith. It's my f-fault. I wasn't there when you needed me."

It's hard to say - to admit I was an asshole, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. I was in the wrong, and I'm telling her because she deserves to know, not because I'm searching for forgiveness. 

"Shut up," she croaks, and raises the glass. She swings it downwards and I screw my eyes shut, letting two teardrops spill down my cheeks. I take in a wobbly breath when I feel no pain. She's cut the ropes that are keeping me in this chair. She dips low and does the same to the rope around my feet. 

"Just go."

"Faith." I stand.

"Get out of here."

"Faith, I -"

"Please."

"Faith, I'm not leaving you!"

Her lips part, we stare at each other. I can't tell what she's thinking. 

She shoves me and I stumble back into a wall, back hitting the plaster with a soft thud. She closes the gap between us in a single stride, her face now inches from my own, caging me in.

"What makes this time any different?" she sneers.

"What?" I whisper.

"Faith, I'm not leaving you!" she mimics me in a not-so-flattering voice, digging an accusatory finger into my chest, "You haven't said that before."

Her sarcasm stabs me, "Faith. I was seventeen, stupid. I'm not letting you go again."

Her chest is heaving, the apples of her cheeks flushed a light red. She swallows and her guard drops a little, as if she finally accepts that I'm not joking, that I'm not a threat. 

"You need help." I whisper gently, but not patronizingly. 

Her lip curls up, face stoic.

Slowly, tentatively, I cup her cheek with my hand and she leans into my touch. I've broken down the barrier she'd set up around herself, and it honestly didn't take much. She's not doing well at all, but this time, I want to help her get through it. 

She doesn't look me in the eye as she mutters, "I'm sorry." but I don't care because she means it. 

"I'm here for good." I say quietly. 

Her eyes flit up and connect with mine. Her long, doll-like lashes blink sadly as she brings up a cautious hand to touch the gash on my cheek. She winces as she ghosts her finger over it. She wipes - what I presume is - blood off the corner of my mouth, those gorgeous eyes still boring into mine. I want to tell her that I don't blame her, that I'll heal quick and we can forget this. But my mind isn't really working properly.

Her breathes are steadier now; the rise and fall of her chest calmer but not relaxed. She bites her lower lip, like she has a question on the tip of her tongue, before I feel her press closer into my body. 

Slowly, carefully, her lips find mine and it's like an electric shock runs through my entire being. We should have done this a year ago, when we crazy in love but too stubborn to admit it. Now, she tastes of someone I could have had in a different life. Or maybe, possibly, someone I can have soon, if this all works out. 

My hands travel down from her face to her waist. Her hands wander all over me, halting at my jeans. I place my hands over hers and pull away, "Faith."

She leans her forehead against mine, tired, and I hear the pop of the first button being undone. "Make it go away." she whispers.

I swallow. "Not yet."

Just then, a violent crash makes me jump out of my skin and Faith throws me to the floor. She protects my body with hers and I yelp out as even more shards of glass try to pelt my body. 

It's Angel. He's burst through the window like a completely insane person, adding to the damage Faith caused me. Couldn't he just use the door?

"Oh, it's you." Faith spits, rolling off me. I hear glass crunching as I gingerly get to my feet with her support. She picks three pieces from my hair and Angel looks confused. Well, his expression hardly changes but I think he's confused.

"Thanks for your help." I deadpan and then get headrush from standing up too quick. I shake my head, but it only makes it worse.

"Angel..." I say, frowning. I grab my upper arms, hugging myself and I completely forgot about the cut that runs down my right arm.

That makes sense. Bloodloss. Right...

"Faith?" I squeak and fall into her arms as darkness overwhelms me.

Hope you enjoyed this darker, different Faith oneshot! Remember to vote <3