9: Fusion

After a few weeks, I was finally cleared to fly, the splints that held my once broken wings now finally off. I took the opportunity to take flight as soon as they came off, Optimus warning me to be careful.

"I won't go far, I just need to fly." I said as he and I stood on the base rooftop.

"I understand, I just urge you to be careful." Optimus said, leaning down and kissing my forehelm.

"I will love." I said, jumping into the air and hovering above him before taking to the skies. I cut through the air and glided above the clouds with incredible speed and grace, the cool air rushing past my audials, causing me to let out a cry of happiness. I then folded my wings in and went into a free fall before opening them at the last moment and zipping back up into the sky.

I then sensed something below and hovered above it in the clouds. Whatever it was was moving somewhere below. Cautiously, I glided down and landed on a rocky outcropping. Below me stood Megatron with Starscream and a femme I instantly recognized as Airachnid.

'Glitch is still alive?' I thought coldly, staying out of sight.

"Master, if the Palaton is indeed with the Autobots, how are we going to lure him out here?" Starscream asked.

"He will come because he can not resist the Dark Energon that courses through me." Megatron said. "They are holy warriors, trained to sense the Blood of Unicron and those who dare tamper with it. He will no doubt sense it and come running to investigate."

"I still don't understand why you want to bother with him." Starscream said with his arms crossed.

"I do not care about Palaton himself. I care about the relics he weilds." Megatron snapped. "According to Shellshock's records, they are far more powerful than one can imagine. If the Blood of Unicron were to corrupt the relics, it would unleash a power beyond our recognition and grant the corrupter the power of a divine."

"If it works. We don't even know for certain if the legends are true." Starscream said. Starscream then noticed me and drew his blasters. Slowly, I stepped out from my hiding spot.

"Stand down." I said, the 3 Decepticons staring at me with malicious intent. "I wish to speak, not fight." I secretly activated my comlink and then crossed my arms. "Care to explain why you dare think you can corrupt my creations?" Once again, it felt as if my words were not my own.

"Your creations?" Starscream asked suspiciously. "Please, don't think so highly of yourself."

"Starscream, enough." Megatron ordered, a suspicious look on his face. I slowly approached the warlord without fear, the other Decepticons backing up.

"You tamper with things beyond your comprehension, Megatron. Reckless. Foolish. Downright idiotic. Your lust for power has caused you to return to your and my origins, nothing but a slave to madness."

"You dare speak to me like that?!" Megatron snapped as he drew his blade.

"I do, which is why I am giving you this warning; do not tamper with things beyond your understanding. It will only lead to your ruin." I said, drawing Riftweld and standing firm. "I will not allow you to take my creations, nor will I allow you to corrupt then for your own pointless megalomania."

"Then I'll take them from your lifeless shell!" Megatron barked, he and the other two Decepticons charging at me. I felt like I was not fully there as I battled with the trio, my steps not my own and my strikes as I'd I were being guided by an unknown force. As we battled, I felt a strange energy from both the blade and the shield, the energy running up my arms and right into my spark. The world around me went white, and in that moment, I felt something I never noticed I was missing. I felt complete, like fragments of my very spark had been rejoined together in that one moment. I then felt my frame collapse, and I remembered no more.

---------
-with the autobots-

Optimus and the rest of team Prime were listening intently to the comlink I had opened up. Everyone, including the humans, was on edge.

"You tamper with things beyond your comprehension, Megatron. Reckless. Foolish. Downright idiotic. Your lust for power has caused you to return to your and my origins, nothing but a slave to madness."  They heard me say.

"Oof, sick burn." Miko said to which Jack shushed her.

"You dare speak to me like that?!" They heard Megatron snap at me, followed by the grinding sound of a blade being drawn

"I do, which is why I am giving you this warning; do not tamper with things beyond your understanding. It will only lead to your ruin. I will not allow you to take my creations, nor will I allow you to corrupt then for your own pointless megalomania."

"Then I'll take them from your lifeless shell!" At that moment, the sound of heavy combat rang through the comlink.

"Arcee, Bulkhead, with me." Optimus ordered, the trio rushing through the groundbridge and emerging on the other side. The trio watched as I performed a deadly dance with the three Decepticons, Optimus engaging with Megatron, Arcee with Airachnid, and Bulkhead with Starscream. Optimus noticed that something seemed off with me as he and I tagged Megatron. I was not fighting with the usual emotion that I tended to have. Instead, I was completely blank in the face, and my optics seemed distant.

Eventually, the Decepticons backed off and retreated, the Autobots cautiously approaching me as I stared blankly at them.

"What's wrong with Y/D?" Bulkhead asked. "It's like... he's not here."

"Y/D?" Optimus said as he approached. I looked up at him, and a singular tear left my optic before I completely collapsed in his arms.

I eventually came to and realized that Optimus was holding me. Immediately, I jumped up and looked around.

"What just happened?" I asked, my helm pounding. "Where'd... where'd they go?"

"We fought 'em off. You don't remember?" Bulkhead asked, to which I shook my helm.

"The last thing I remember was overhearing them talk about corrupting the relics. The rest is all fuzzy like some kind of weird fever dream." I said, looking down at the blade and panicking. "The Stone! It's gone!" I exclaimed. I then felt a jab in my chest as if something were clamping down on my spark. I let out a pained groan and gripped my chest plate, my spark racing like crazy. "F-frag! Ugh, I think I'm gonna get sick. It hurts! Why does my spark hurt?!"

"Slow vents Y/D." Optimus said, guiding me to the ground and having me lay on my back. "Ratchet, we need you out here." Optimus said through the comlink. Ratchet then emerged from the ground bridge and ran over to Optimus and I.

"What happened?" Ratchet asked.

"I do not know, I believe his spark is in distress." Optimus said. Ratchet then gently opened my chest plate and saw my brilliant (f/c) spark slowly being encased by a golden shard.

"It... it hurts." I whispered, gasping once my spark was completely encased. I let out a sigh of relief before going limp and letting the darkness take me.

------
A/N so here's a more complete sketch for Y/D including Riftwall

------A/N so here's a more complete sketch for Y/D including Riftwall