Matthew Knies

____________________________________________________

Note: Okay this is going at the beginning because confusing, but I wrote this inspired by lyrics so yeah enjoy, the lyrics are in bold

___________________________________________________

I'll Try Anything Once - The Strokes

Ten decisions shape your life, you'll be aware of five about

Seven ways to go to school, either you're noticed or left out

Since that first day of high school after the decision of moving by your parents took over your world, moving you from North Carolina to Arizona you couldn't stop thinking about how you would decide your future. It was the first day of your freshman year, you didn't know anyone leaving you many choices of who you would surround yourself with. It was the first period and you sat down in a seat, you were one of the first to class leaving you a wide variety of seats you could sit in. You picked the back corner forcing the people to come to you by choice if they didn't then you'd have to go out in talk to someone or remain alone. The room started filling everyone was talking to each other, still, the seat next to you was empty. A moment passed and the bell rang, still empty, attendance started when a tall boy burst into the room.

"Sorry, I'm late," he said catching his breath.

"You can sit in that seat," the teacher pointed to the seat next to you, the boy looked at you and shrugged heading to the back of the room. You watched him approach the seat next to you. Attendance continued, going through the names of the class,

"Y/N," you raised your hand,

"Here."

"Matthew,"

"Here," you looked at the boy next to you raising his hand. The teacher gave your first assignment of getting to know the person who would be your partner for the year, that was Matthew. You discovered he played hockey, but to you he was just a typical jock, not the nicest, very monotone, sneaking his phone out most of the time you talked to him.

Seven ways to get ahead, seven reasons to drop out

The year was starting to get intense, with more and more projects and more and more time with Matthew. You realized that he was not a fan of school, his grades were declining and he was ready to drop out, you found yourself doing most of your partnered assignments alone, but it wasn't a problem you were ahead in all of your other classes, but he was looking forward to leaving school and playing juniors for the summer, but he wanted it now.

"Matt, please don't talk like that," you said.

"All I want is hockey, that's what I want in life, I don't need school to play hockey, grades whatever, it doesn't matter," he shouted while sitting in your desk chair in your room.